rFactor 2 Round 3 Guangdong

Discussion in 'Asian Le Mans Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Needed a while to let the race sink in. Had not a good start and Ken took the oppertunity to overtake me. Since then I followed in his slipstream but I had not enough straightline speed (it felt more than just 5 to 7 km/h less) to have any crack on him. Only in the corners I had to take care not to drive into his rear.
    That was a bit tricky but went quite well for the most of the race. I decided not to force the issue and waiting for a mistake. Maybe in traffic but due to my inexperience to handle it I rather lost time than gaining some.
    Later I got my chance and passed Ken, but fought back and then I decided to hold on, which was not smart. I have no idea what did go through my mind, it was clear that I lost the position and even if I could stayed aside into the last corber, my topspeed would hamper any chances to overtake onto the straight.

The result you can see here

Somehow I got the position back as Ken clipped a curb too hard, but that was fortunate. Next time I have to work better on my set up, I did go with the default wing settings and a shorter gear ratio. However the race was fun, I´m exited for the next one ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Had a good run.
    Lucky in Q and little luck in race
    and learned the track just in time.

Great racing!

• Like Like x 1