Assetto Corsa Round 3 Hockenheim National Post Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.04.22 - 16.12.24.51k.jpg
    Have Your Say!

2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

When I started my race I was 6 laps down!
    Had computer problems. First it just took ages to boot up and then just sat on "loading" and could not escape out. Nothing worked (keyboard or mouse) and had to reboot.
    Then AC loaded up and then got an error message. And, as before, I couldn't do anything and had to reboot again. I unchecked pretty well all the apps on AC and I got on to find myself 6 laps down. I think one of the apps is playing up after the last Windows update. Funny thing is though that I had tested getting on earlier in the day and I didn't have any problem.:confused:
    Anyway I would most probably ended up in the same position even if I had started on time.:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Roy on yet another win.
    See you all, and hopefully some others, at the next one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

C u Larry :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Race report;
    Somehow there were only 7 drivers for this one and only 6 of those did the practise and qualifier. This led to the track only being at 97% grip for the qualifier. Not good.

Qualifying;
    Like I said only 6 took part in qualifying. Times were close and I just wasn't able to get a good lap in. Sean was only 0.01s behind me. That is literally a blink of an eye. :eek: It seemed like Hakan wasn't able to get a good lap in either because I know he could be faster. Anyway, 1st Roy, 2nd Sean, 3rd Hakan

Race;
    Again only 6 were on the startgrid. Larry had a computer issue and started the race late.
    Since I had pole I had the front row with Sean beside me. I knew I had to take a good start because Sean had the inside line if he got beside me. Luckily I started exactly on the light and so did Sean. This ment i reached the first corner first. Managed to get to the 2nd corner with a little breathing space. All was good. I took it easy the first 2 laps to get used to the heavier car and low grip. At the end of lap 2 I had a lead of about 1.5 seconds. Then on lap 3 Sean made a mistake giving me a 4 second lead. I decided to put in a few "faster" laps to get a buffer on Sean. On lap 5 I suddenly saw that Hakan had passed Sean. At that time there was a 5 second gap between us. That would not be enough to get a win. I had to do some fuelsaving to make the 26 laps I knew the race was going to be. What to do... Hakan immediately pulled a fast lap out of the hat, so I had to do the same. So go fast now, fuel save later. Managed to get the gap up to 6 seconds, but then I had to start the fuel save part, and I was hoping he had to do that too. It would mean laps that were 0.5 to 0.8 secs slower than I was doing. Not driving the car on the limit had me losing concentration and I made a mistake. This gave Hakan the chance to close the gap. And as we all know, having your opponent in your sights gives you that extra bit of speed that one needs to really close the gap. so on lap 24 (of 26) he was on my bumper. Managed to keep him behind me on lap 24 and 25. I wasn't sure I could do another lap keeping him behind me. But luck had it (for me atleast) he had to pit for fuel. I had just enough to do that all important 26th lap. A win again. :cool:
    Now i'm not really sure what happend to the others, but it seemed a few had to do a last lap pit too.
    Result,
    1st Roy, 2nd Sean, 3rd Karl. Congratz to all that raced today!

I'm hoping for a bigger turnout for the next one.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

another unlucky day for me. fuel finished at the highest adrenalin moment at the race, trying to overtake roy had to attack attack attack ,the price for me was to not even reach the pit to refuel :( . congrt to all again. i dont know if the laps number specialy at the limits of fuel but i think to put 10 more laps , to force for pitstop without saving fuel or a few less laps would be better in my opinion. Roun 3 and in every race fuel saving procedure is not in real world, at least not on every race . AND it would be nice to see more racers on road. registration is full but race empty :( . sad.

6. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I need to work on my consistency. But really enjoying racing at SRO...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Hakan, not exactly true. In F1 they are limited on fuel consumption to 100l per race. They can't go at top speed for the full race.
    In BTCC they need to have 2.7l left in the tank when they finish.
    In GT racing they need to refuel almost every race. In longer races saving 1 pitstop can be the difference between winning or losing.
    And in almost all races cars are fuelled to be on the limit.

And then there are tracks where you can finish the 40 minutes on 55l and others where you can't. Last race @ Estoril I could only manage 35 minutes on 55l, so I had to do a pitstop. You were able to do the Zandvoort race on 55l. In my view it adds a tactical side to the races. But that's my view on things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I think we all like racing here at SRO. Good bunch of fellas and clean racing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

yes u may right roy...installing now new fuel app, will try and see ,hope this one will show better all info.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hey Guys.
    great race, sorry so few competitors were present.
    Well Done Roy, great win , nice smooth and clean.

Race report:
    I qualified 4th and had a horrible horrible start, loosing my positions to Rob and Pierre.
    had to then knuckle down and get past them if i wanted to challenge Sean.
    Rob and Pierre were at each others necks, They touched and i leaped at the opportunity.
    If i wasn't wearing my race harness, id have been sitting on my wheel!!
    i snuck between Rob and Pierre.
    then set off doing as quick laps as possible to catch Sean, at that point i saw it was Hakan ahead of me.
    I know he is fast but tried any way,
    a few laps later to my surprise Sean made an error and lost position to Hakan.
    game on.
    for the rest of the race we kept the gap between 3-4 seconds.
    unfortunately my car wanted a break so we stopped for fuel.
    literally took 5l and continued.
    next lap was surprised to pass Hakan in the pits on the last lap.

very interesting race, enjoyed it but missed the other competitors.
    really love the pit stop strategy, brings a twist to the races.

thanks all
    Karl

• Like Like x 3