Assetto Corsa Round 3 Hockenheim National

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.05.29 - 23.56.50.32k.jpg
    Round 3 is finally here !!

servers up !!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Anyone up for a test race tonight? I could use the practise

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Has there be an update to track or car? I can't get on the server... thanks for any help. Sean

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

All works fine for me. Can't be the car mod as both versions will work. So maybe you'll have to reinstall the track. Can be found in the download section

5. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Im still getting a "checksum failed" even with the track re downloaded from SRO.
    also sending image. sean.PNG

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Weird. I've just done some laps online. Maybe you should delete all the files track and car mod and reinstall both. There has been no update of Assetto Corsa, so that can't be the issue

7. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

reloaded track and car mod but still checksum fail.
    not sure what to try next :(

8. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Have you tried other servers? Try one with the same track, and then try one with the same car mod. If one of them works, you'll know what the problem is.

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Could it be something to do with the SRS App that you have installed?

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I have it installed to, so i'm sure that can't be it. BTW, Sean has done both races of the series, so i'm thinking it can't be the car mod. I'm uploading the track to dropbox because my version is sure to work.
    @Sean Devlin I'll pm you the link

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Have you got the right track version installed? We have two versions in SRO downloads. Have you downloaded the correct track from the race page and not assumed because you already have it installed that it is the correct version?

12. Rob Milliken

Let me have a look in the server files .. maybe if I assign him a car it will load ...

13. Rob Milliken

OK I have assigned a car to you & restarted the server ,let me know if that helped !

14. Rob Milliken

NEWS FLASH-
    Well as it turns out hes not the only one getting the checksum error .. I just got it as well !:mad::confused:o_O:D
    I went to try for my self and BAM checksum error....
    ok Im rebuilding the whole event & lets see what that does .. this is bizarre .. no AC updates have come out in a while ...

15. Rob Milliken

NEWS FLASH 2
    Ok I solved my checksum by updating my track to 1.2 >> Im all good now :)

I added the new track weeks ago & managed to update the server files but forgot to update my own install ..lol

In doing this I found the issue ! the track download is still pointing to the old track & not the updated 1.2 so we were installing the old track :eek: lol
    Now to check , when you un zip The SRO download version , the parent folder should be named T78_Hockenheimring_AC_v12 Inside is the updated file with the original name ,this is why you can see it but not join in the server list ,the server see's same name & thinks your good .. but inside things have changed so Check Sum ...,This is because the file name did not change when Tomy did his updates .... so it can be confusing trying not to mix them up ! lol..

V1.2 Download link now FIXED in the SRO downloads .
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/hockenheimring.446/

others might have the same issue & will need to re download the track ..:eek: sry for that :(

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I can still go on the server, so for me all is good. But Rob, can you post the racepassword here like you did last time? Saves us a lot off aggro ;-)

17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

No passwords allowed in the forum.

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

You are right. No PW allowed on the forum. Last race Rob posted that the new PW was changed and could be found in the Championship part of the site. I almost missed the 1st race due to not seeing the new password. Therefor I was very happy when Rob posted what he did for race 2.

19. Rob Milliken

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

IM IN, WHAT ABOUT THAT FOR A NEWS FLASH LOL. MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL. NEW TRACK FIXED IT...

• Like Like x 2