Assetto Corsa Round 3 Horsma Trophy - Wed Dec 1, 2021

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Tuned Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 19, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-10-19_19-16-27.jpeg

Welcome to round 3 Horsma Trophy

Showcasing the track

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2021-11-18_10-53-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

is it just me, or is this track really hard to drive without making a mistake? overtaking is gonna be "interesting", too, i think. pretty narrow...
    i'm almost afraid of Wednesday. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

True, it's a challenge. Now we can put into practice what we've learned in the previous events.
    What I've learned with this car is that you have to set it up in advance of the corner.
    That means don't brake late, being in the right gear and the correct corner entry speed. If you're too fast in, it's hard to keep the rear stable.
    Maintaining grip in the corner is the key. So you have to keep the weight shifting in check.

That reminds me of a video I saw where Jacky Stewart talks about this.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

hmmm, that's really good advice, thx for the vid! "being nice" to your Subi sounds like something that makes a whole lot of sense with this car!
    i'll definitely do a few practice laps with gradual modulation of gas and brakes and see if i can improve my laptime that way. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Race password has been set on the event page.

Password

7. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Thanks for the race everyone.

I had an incident with Phil, I don't believe that I was at fault but unfortunately my replay has only saved from lap 5 onwards for some reason so I can't check. I think I was hit in the side in the braking zone after Phil lost control on the straight.

Phil, if you do feel that it was my fault then I am really sorry about that.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Well, that did not go to plan..

Qualified second.. While revving at the green light the car moved a bit (track goes downwards?) and got a drive-through :( I hate that about AC, not my first time. Got a good start to go in P1.. if not for the drive-through that was the best scenario.. I saw Phil go off in my rear mirrors right before taking the drive-through on lap 2 and I rejoined just behind Phil. That wasn't too bad since we are both fighting for the championship.. After a few laps Phil outbraked himself and went off the track. I had places to recover.. When I caught John he was slower than I expected in T2 or T3 (that weird one) and I slightly touched his back. I don't think he spun but I did :( Only to see John off track 2 corners further, sorry if it was my fault. I made up places after that and just when I passed Kimi for P3 I thought I could try to push and get Toni and went oh so slightly off track in that T2-T3 turn and spun again. I had yet again to catch the same guys. Fortunately did to end in P3 again. Bit of a shame as I had really good pace..

I hope for Phil it wasn't due to Tom pushing him off..

• Like Like x 2
  9. John vd Geest

Nah, I was trying to make room for you to pass, but I got out of shape when I did that and almost came to a stop. So that's what happened.

10. Laurent Londes

I saw that in T1 indeed, but didn't expect it in T2 and hit your back..

11. John vd Geest

Yeah, I was sliding a lot :)

12. Laurent Londes

Blink with your lights or use your horn next time so we don't misunderstand each other :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

John has kindly sent me the replay and I've looked at the incident from all angles and I'm pretty confident in saying that I wasn't at fault for mine and Phil's incident. I was braking with the wheel in a dead straight line and Phil was coming back onto the track from the grass which led to him going into the side of me.

I'd still like to hear the thoughts of Phil but that's my take on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Laurent Londes

I also had a look at it. Phil went off track on his own and you two luckily crossed each other quite closely but didn't hit each other. Phil was really a passenger sliding on the grass, especially in this car.

15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

What a mod!
    With others having problems, managed to find myself at P1 with a lucky pass.
    Actually i brake too late and was a passenger for a while. Was sure going to hit @Tom Fowler . Managed to steer inside and turn the car, doing little damage to the paint jobs. Little rude, sorry.
    Pulled little lead only to visit grass and that was that. I have bad(?) Habit of allways try to go faster and faster instead of just driving for the win.
    Had one more try to pass but that went wide. Was hard to find a spot. Didnt want to hit twice.
    Had speed and left time on track too but if dont practice any, cant get consistency. Instead spend time finding limits. That gives often bad laps here and there.

Good race, outstanding car.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

i figured as much, since you were behind me twice. ;) congrats on catching up though!
    i'm just glad my crew chief informed me of who was behind me, so i could get out of the way best i could (or make mistakes anyways). :rolleyes:

i had a shitty first round, but at least i finished without too many mistakes otherwise. still enjoyed the race, though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver Donator

No, not your fault at all Tom. I had left the track and rejoined, you had every right to put your car where you did. I'm just pleased that I didn't ruin your race too. Grats on the win

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Another fun race.. This combo - track and car - was very fun, i really liked it a lot..
    Qualify was good enough for me, 5th place was the best i could do, the guys in front was much faster than me as i expected..

I tried a lot to be focused at the race and do as much less mistakes as i could.. Actually i did 3 or 4 if i remember well but thankfully those mistakes didnt ruined my race :)
    The funny thing was my battle with Jari, funny in terms of our mistakes, we changed places 2 or 3 times, when i did a mistake he managed to get in front of me, then he did a mistake and i got in front of him and so on.. This happened 2 times i think lol.. At third time i managed to pass Jari just 1 lap before the end of the race, at the last corner we were side by side, but at the first corner of the last lap i did a bit late braking and managed to be in front until the end.. Was a very good and clean battle..

Too bad for Phil his exit costed him a very good result and my congrats to Laurent for his recovery, he had an excellent pace he overtook me twice.. Of course i never tried to race him and closing doors, there was no sense to do it as he was much faster than me.. :)

Congrats to winner Tom, second Toni and 3rd Laurent for their excellent pace and racing overall.. Of course congrats to all too, was a very good and clean race :)
    Until the last one, take care all guys :)

• Like Like x 5