Assetto Corsa Round 3 Imola

Discussion in 'Bad Voices GT3 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 5, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this first race of the series, so if an SRO Admin is not in the race, please make sure to advance to Qualifying on time.

Have Fun! :)

3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I'm going to miss this one, be back for Laguna Seca!

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race Day PW has been set on the Champ page !
    Good luck all !

5. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

I'm wondering how many of you managed to do the whole 1hr race on 1 set of soft tyres?

My testing showed it pretty much impossible, I'm very impressed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Tough one, other than in Fuji my MP4 was drivable but very slow. Especially on the straight, I´m pretty sure 1/8 was too much wing, but Ed, Barrett and Roger past me as an LMP1 laps an LMP2 or something similar. Maybe that is more than the effect of high drag/downforce.

Therfore some work to do for Laguna seca, chosing the soft tyre was also an concern but as I´m that slow I´m not representative.

7. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

I had 1-9 wing in the 650. How close the 2 cars are in terms on angle I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry to hear that Phillip, but this is the reason I ask to change my car. I'm pretty sure this cars need some BOP. It is unbelievable how slow is that McLaren MP4 12C. I drive it at Spa and feels like missing one gear. A pure shame

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

MP4 is a slow car, but handles well, same as the 650s, also slow compared to the others, (slightly faster than MP4) but handles way better.

The McLarens need twisty tracks, not fast ones

(just my opinion of previous usage of ACs GT3s)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well you should have told me that before :p

I chose the car because I drove it before against the AI, in addtion my laptimes in with a Merc Fuji were not that different. But that topspeed disadvantage is enormous. As Ken is on holidays I have to stick to the package for Laguna and then see if I should change my car too.

• Like Like x 1