Round 3 Interlagos

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 8C GT3 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race day PW set !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had a disco :mad: First 1 for a long time.

4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

5. John vd Geest

The start was a bit weird. Sandor was hesitating to go after the last corner and Zandor and me were also waiting for him to go.
    Ken Jagger however ... knew the rules very well and jumped on the throttle as soon as he could. Sandor and Zoltan were lucky he didn't get them too hahaha :).

Zoltan also played a clever game. After punting Sandor by accident, he waited for 3/4 of the race to do his drivethrough to make sure he had a good gap on me.
    I still got ahead of him, but I wasn't fast enough to prevent him from overtaking me again 2 laps from the end. C'est la vie.

Grats to Sandor for his amazing speed and win. But I'm still leading the bloody championship !!!
    See you all next time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

John :)
    We talked on TS in the race , with Sandor. I was very carefully , but Sandor brake very very early because cold tires, brakes etc.
    And i scared and pushed the brake full, and slip to him . We talked, i will give the position back. But you very fast John :)
    So i save tyres in the first laps. waiting for Sandor. Than we changed position.
    But this PLP crap not working well. I didnt cut the track anywhere ! And i got a drive thru. i was very angry in that moment. Purple haze before my eyes,
    i drink blood , and pushed the pedal to the metal :)
    You are a very fast driver John! Hard to overtake.

7. John vd Geest

Oh I see, I thought you did a drivethrough because of the (acccidental) punt, because you have to do a drivethrough if you punt someone or give the position back, witch you did. I just thought you did it the drivethrough very late :).

What compound did you run? I thought I take your example from China and take mediums so I have something left in the end. But it felt to me you guys were on softs. Correct?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  8. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

No , we run on medium.
    On qualy yes, we run on soft. But only 3 laps in the soft than boiling :)
    Soft was very bad for this track. We set the car to the medium tyre.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry to see you go out so soon Nigel, especially as it's been a while since we raced together :(

10. Nigel Middleton

Yeah was starting to have fun.

11. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

12. Zoltan Fiatal

Zoltan Fiatal Pro Driver

i write here, cuz there is no topic for mugello.
    This PLP is not work well. I didnt cut the track! I am a fair driver! Not looking where i can cut the track for a little time.
    In this case , and interlagos too, when you miss the braking point and slip off from track, you lose time. But the PLP said you cut.
    In mugello , at the double right, when hit the inner right curbs, the car slip off from track to the left. Again lose time, and you have a PLP cut.
    when i followed Sandor, and he made a mistake he sliped to the grass in that corner, i slipped off from track just a little , i got PLP cut and he got nothing.
    I saw someone really cut the track on grass , no PLP . My half tyre run off from red line and i got PLP cut. It took my victory.
    I go to the box, for the driving throught , the server said i speeding in the box! but no sign or anything else for another drive through.
    So that all, i had enough. This is unfair like this!

13. John vd Geest

Please move your post to round 4 Mugello Zoltan. It's up now :)
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-4-mugello.2618/

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
  14. Nigel Middleton

=
    PLP will no longer be used at SRO.

15. John vd Geest

Good, I didn't like it either :D. Good call boss!
    Might be a good idea to make that a public message so every one is informed.

Last edited: May 6, 2018