Assetto Corsa Round 3 Knockhill

Discussion in 'SRO Mazda MX-5 EuroCup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ill give this track 2 more practice sessions (monday and thuesday) and if it still sucks:mad: ( as this track does, dont understand that they picked this one)o_O
    i will withdraw from this one. not gonna torture myself for 45 minutes.
    And if others dont practice this track it will be 1 big nightmare even for the ones that did practice ( read: taking out others)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Knockhill is a very rewarding track if you get it right and for close racing, It is one of them tracks that you need to practice practice and more practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Understand what you are saying Nigel but so far i have done 230 laps on SRO server and countless others on our own server and i just cannot get consistency :(

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Knockhill is fast but patience is needed as well plus consistency above all then very rewarding .
    I have had some very good races and not so good if you spin or get spun you lose a lot of time and in some cases almost a lap.

6. Ken Jagger

Driver challenge, elevation changes, blind corners, close racing....need I go on? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Awesome track imo. Although I can't say I ll be able to keep it on track every time. ;)
    A bit concerned about backmarkers that didn't get much practise...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

You might go and practice offline racing. Be sure to take your "happy feeling pills" upfront. Even the AI get lost.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Martin James

Martin James Pro Driver

Cant make it guys, due to work commitments... :(

On a side note: As team leader i would like to acknowledge the noted foul play in the previous race regarding some adverse behaviors from my team mate - Those behaviors have acknowledged and corrected, an apology was submitted directly to admin who had applied a representative penalty, rightly so. He is very new to PC Sim Racing and like us all, always learning :) you will not see a re-occurrence
    all the best
    Martin

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Sorry to hear you can't make it Martin. But then......I might gain an extra place at the flag. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I will be there but due to commitments in life, I had so little practice so I am planning on starting from the back of the grid, just for fun.
    See you tonight!

-and sorry to hear you can't make it Martin, will see you next race. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

hi
    Sorry I cannot make the race tonight as I have family commitments.. hope to see you all next round:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry guys, I wait a phone from work. And I have to go, around 18. Have fun

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Well, that was hectic...

First half quite fun despite the crazy track, but from mid-point I was starting to lose my gearbox. It finally failed 6 minutes or so before the end of the race but I was losing lots of time with missed shifts and having to be very deliberate changing gear. I hope I was a well-behaved backmarker.

At some point there was an incident right in front of me - with very little time to react I think I made light contact with someone, possibly turning them? I have yet to watch the replay but if that was you, I apologise.

• Like Like x 3
  15. watch at Youtube in HD, like and subscribe please...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I qualified on pole. Luckily I did the pole lap in the beginning of the stint because when I tried to overtake Bustos (after he already went through the gravel
    messing up his lap) he lost control in the next corner during opposite lock, taking me out with him, while he could have just let me pass, cause his lap was already messed up anyway.
    Very weird that my friends noticed someone suggesting to kick me from the server during qualify? Dunno why honestly...

Had a not so bad start but Barts' one in second was better, again... :mad:
    He led through the first corner and it was me being in pursuit, again.
    Didn't f*ck up my first lap like in Imola and after a few laps we came side to side out of the last corner
    and went in side to side into the first one. I had a feeling I slightly overshot that one as we made contact,
    but wasn't gonna look behind me into that chicane cause, you know, already difficult enought to take it looking forward. :p
    After checking the replay I noticed I hindered Bart severely for that, apologies mate, but I had that feeling already after making the move so I let him by.
    Back in pursuit again till he made a slight error coming out of the corner before the backstraight. I went back into first and managed to create a gap! :eek:
    So I was all like "okay Tim, no risks, nice and smooth baby" :cool:
    A few laps later I found myself cursing in the gravel coming out of the uphill corner being five seconds behind Bart :confused:
    and I thought: "f*ck it, time to go out all guns blazing, if I spin I spin"
    And so I did managing not to spin out and closing the gap to Bart.
    With less than 4 minutes on the clock I found myself right under Barts' bumper and in the last corner he left the door open a tad too long.
    Up I went on the inside back into first, trying to not make another mistake.
    It was a nervewrecking race because it was difficult to be consistent and not make a mistake, completely the opposite of practise...
    Really happy though with this hardfought victory.

A nice mention for the backmarkers not hindering the frontrunners on a very flowing and short track, not easy at all. Big thumbs up!
    Although when I looked at Chris' replay I was baffled by what Bustos did when Chris lapped him.
    Shame on you Lucas. I hope the admins will have a look at this. (around 19 mins into the race)
    This is public server behaviour, and not the good one...

@ all the others, hope to see you all for round 4 at Vallelunga!

Cheers,

Tim

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Having watched a bit of the replay... tonight's password was apt! Very puzzling. I mean, if you're going to cut the chicane to compensate for your lack of pace, at least have the intelligence not to do it when there are other cars trying to lap you! And hitting them as you do it? How embarrassing. I'd say something about this not being Forza, but that's not fair to Forza fans.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Stephen Mciver

Stephen Mciver Pro Driver

I hope I didn't do anything wrong this week I know I did wrong at imola but I hope there is some consistency with the punishment

• Like Like x 4
  19. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

That was an OK race for me, despite having little to none practice, I feel I did well. However, it took me really long enough to learn my way around the track, very tricky! So I am deeply sorry and I apologize for any trouble I might have caused during the race because of that. Thank you all who have participated and made the race more fun.

Congratulations podium, really good work out there! :)

See you guys at Vallelunga!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Very tricky track idd mate. Did over 650 laps and still managed to spin out in the gravel during the race. But still, big thanks @Ken Jagger for introducing this track!

• Like Like x 1