rFactor 2 Round 3 Long Beach

Discussion in 'Indy Pro 2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Load up with spare parts, and give you´r pit crew afternoon off. ;):rolleyes::D they gone a need it. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Sorry Bjorn I think. I probably should have lifted(?), no replay here. Gerhard and I had the same thing in another series.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

had a nice race 1, ****** up race 2 'cause SONO UN COGLIONE, SONO UN COGLIONE :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2021
  5. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

Second race was really difficult and crazy. That overtake in first corner... ohh man... ;):eek::p

Thx Toni Talvite and Ricardo Ferreira for battle! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Björn Johansson

Thanks Scott , there and then it sure was some fxxx words .;)
    But after a lap, it was just another race thing no probs mate.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q1 .2 up on last corner and slipped it, 2nd.
    Q2 bad luck with traffic and had pace for pole here too but didnt nail it.

R1 At start lost 1 position and then came restart for race. There was 1 seriously laggy car that made me crash little while we were doing positions.
    Finally start worked and after few corners gave @Ricardo Ferreira his position back, which he had gained on initial race start. After that was pretty much max attack whole race. Lost lots of seconds for traffic but managed to catch P1 @Denis Eshchenko but it was over allready.

R2 Car was loose on rear on R1 so this one put little wing more to rear. Made it feel bulky and had trouble on that downhill where the added wing wanted to push rear down and lift front. Even tho was faster than race 1, felt bad to drive, well not bad but not as agile as i like. But have to say, it probably made me finish this one, as that R1 was little loose on rear and i was totally going as fast as i possible can, high risk.
    Early laps got caught by backmarkers, that was like 3-4 laps into race allready? and lost there 3-5 seconds. Push and push but couldnt catch nobody and P1 and P2 even pulled 3-4 seconds on me during the race and i was doing decent laps, tho consistency might have suffered to overly pushing the car.

Race starts felt was in lucky spot, had good drivers behind, Ogos in both starts? and Mazurek in R2 atleast so was more relaxed.

Fantastic mod! Had 1 hour praccy during the day and joined server 1 hour before so not without any practice. Fun to drive and feels like proper open wheeler. Have to join more on tuesdays if got free from work.

Gz podiums and ty all for great events!

• Like Like x 7
  8. Björn Johansson

Congrats to all podium players here ,
    Some insane fast lap times from all top 1-6 fantastic !
    Just try´d to survive those two race`s and did some how.
    What o_O happend to the warm up for race two?
    Time say 4 min :confused: so I thought ok how about a quick pee, ok I ´m and old guy but not 4 min ;)
    more like 20 -30 sec hurry back and :eek::eek::eek: Race had started so I was in pit as 16 :eek::rolleyes:.
    Don´t think I would have done much better any way.:)
    So great race with you guy´s any how and thank you admins for all the fun :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Congrats to all it was a great race again, with a great mod. Well done to Admins.

Q1 - Bad Qualify. I catched always someone, but still P3.
    R1 - I had a good start, jumped to P2. Race was stopped. Well done to Admins, they acted quickly and fairly.
    In restart @Toni Talvitie gave me the position back (very fair play by him). Rrace started from there. I was faster than @Denis Eshchenko and @Toni Talvitie faster than me so it was very hard race but fair.. but hard to overtake.
    I checked fuel, and I did some math with phone.. and saw the fuel will not be enough to finish the race.

Q2 - Pole Position.
    R2 - I started well again, and I open a gap to @Denis Eshchenko we catched the last guys very fast, I lost 3 seconds behind @Ken Jagger and @Denis Eshchenko took advantage from that. Happens. I tried all race gained the position back but nothing I could do. 5 or 6 laps to the end, @Denis Eshchenko engine started to smoke, but he finished the race in P1 and he deserved the win.

I must say in 16/17 years I race online (and I had a community) @Denis Eshchenko is one of the best guys (top 10) I already race against very fast and consistent. With drivers like him its worth to race! Well done mate :)

Look forward.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Ken Jagger

I have to apologise for the incorrect server settings in Race 1. After reading the Riot Act before the start, it actually went very well so thanks to everyone for making it clean and demonstrating that it can be done without incident :)

I'm not sure what happened, but a few laps into the 1st race I found myself rotating 720-1080 degrees upside, downside, sideways, every-ways and then saw a Yellow Flag Pace Car operating, so I thought the server had gone haywire which is why I decided to restart the race in fairness to everyone.

These two races were very demanding being the Admin, as I was trying to respond to questions, deal with on-track issues and debate whether to boot some members for rules offences. My head just wasn't in a comfortable place for race 2 as a result. On L2 I got caught out by the lower grip provided after the server restarted for race 2 and made a mistake by double-downshifting for the right hander leading onto the back straight, locking up the rear axle in 1st gear, which caused mayhem amongst the following cars. I owe a few beers for that for sure :eek:. After that there was no way back in a 25 min race, I just wish we could've all had a better couple of races as I really enjoyed this bumpy, tricky version of the track in these cars.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Denis Eshchenko

Yeah, thanks mate. But i think, i was not fast and consistent in this race, because i very strong reinsured. I was just afraid to crash the car against these walls.

12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I think it was generally good fun for most in yesterday's races although quite scary at times in this super bumpy track. A miracle almost not hitting anything between the bumps and the walls. Congrats to @Denis Eshchenko, @Ricardo Ferreira and @Toni Talvitie for their great pace in both races.
    Race 1 (I think @Ken Jagger has now explained the reason for restarting after the double-yellow flag but I wonder if SRO would normally have allowed for the race to continue with rF2 managing the SC and double-yellow?)
    I managed to overtake @Michał Mazurek at the end of the straight and open a gap to secure P4 in the first part of the race. In front and at a different pace, the three proper fast drivers of the day were on their own race... I have a lonely race up until reaching some of the lapped drivers and ended up in a gifted P3 after Ricardo's fuel woes in the last few laps of the race.

Race 2 was more eventful. I failed to secure P5 in qualy (as in race 1), starting in P7 after Michal and @Kostas Kantzouras. the start was brilliant (great reaction time and clutch management). I was soon in front of Kostas (with a slight wheel to wheel touch but safe) and Michal. Ken also did a great start and was following closely. I reached T3 in 4th position after timidly challenging Toni and was hit on the back when braking at the roundabout. I sustained some important bodywork damage. My CrewChief advice was to get into the pits but I decided to ignore it (I think it was the right call). The car was loose and I had to adapt in the bumpy turns of Long Beach. I was in P4 behind 3 clearly faster drivers so, as long as I could keep this position, the crash hadn't significantly affected my race... I understand Ken's position here. It is already stressful for us, only driving, to have everything in place and the mind settled for the race, and Ken is also doing a myriad of other things to keep the show running. Well done with handling all of that at once!
    The shenanigans triggered by the T3 event had caused quite a delay in the back pack and lapped drivers started to appear very soon in the race. All was running smoothly with blue flags and easy overtakes until I got on the back of Ken again... I think Ken was strictly following the SRO rules that establishes it is up to the faster (lapping) driver to overtake the lapped car... And it wasn't easy to overtake. This added a bit of intensity to what, otherwise, would have been a relatively quiet second part of the race. I genuinely enjoyed that battle at the end of the second race, so well done Ken, but if I had been fighting for position with a driver in front of us, I would have been fuming although rules are what they are and there is nothing to object in this case.
    No fuel or crash issues (well done) for the drivers in front, so settled on P4 at the end of the race ending just behind @Björn Johansson with a lap deficit due to his untimely toilet break :eek::rolleyes:. All in all, two fun races although unhappy with the pace difference with the top 3... We couldn't re-engage in our always fascinating duel with Toni Talvitie...

• Like Like x 5
  13. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

These races were extreme challenging. Grats all survivors and podium.
    It was a pleasure to see 18 drivers acting with respect and attention.
    Let me say once more: great level of driving here!

Looking forward to Sebring! (Ken and me decided to choose the free version from VLM of Sebring.
    It is also very good quality and not so bumpy as the S397 track. I spite of this, we think pay mods
    should be avoided if possible, to keep the grid large!)

@ Ken: you did a very good job after detecting the server mistake in R1, the rolling restart worked
    very well, thanks for your work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

yeah I was amazed at how good we were at gaining the original quali positions.

big grids, different level of skills all around the field... great championship!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ken Jagger

The answer is no. We had the same issue in a recent DPi-GT3 race and that was rescheduled. Oh and by the way, I "Am" SRO at these events :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

I wasn't fighting you Jos, I was trying to catch Bjorn for position. I had made up 15 secs or so on him after my mistake and still had a couple of laps left to the flag. I saw you had a big gap ahead of and behind you, so you weren't going to lose out or gain anything more by my calculation. Going into the final lap it was clear I wasn't going to catch Bjorn, unless he made a mistake, so I rolled off the throttle a bit earlier for T1 and let you go past. Everyone needs to read the race positions and understand there are other fights going on other than your personal one.
    In that situation I would've compromised my position and let you past earlier, but that was not the case here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I seem to have good pace at this track, but the roundabout got me again, Q1 had to avoid car in front and got stuck in the flowers ( had to esc/start 16th).
    Race2; I cant seem to be able to lift when sidebyside with another car even though I know 2 cars dont fit there:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Denis Eshchenko

Standard question from me. Where can I download Race Replay? I would like to watch the second race. :)

19. Ken Jagger

Can anybody provide this replay for Denis?

20. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

• Like Like x 4