rFactor 1 Round 3 Long Beach

Discussion in 'Classic Formula 1 1978 LE Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Did a PB to take 2nd on the grid. :)

Race
    I love street circuits :)

Got a great start and got 1st place into T1. Kept it for a couple of laps then Ricardo overtook (can't remember where). Then going into T1 I was hit and spun. It being the start of the race everyone was bunched together so I just sat there watching cars streaming by. Saw a gap and did a very clumsy dive into it. Sorry to whoever it was I dove in front of but my frustration made me do it :(. Then the fight back. Found that my low downforce meant that going through the start/finish curve I could easily pass cars. I went from 9th back up to 2nd. On consecutive laps I hit the wall on the corner just before the pit entry damaging my front suspension. A few laps later I hit the wall really hard just in front of the pit exit and lost my front wing. I found that the car was still driveable but now I had to take the slower but of the course really slowly but again my superior speed in the fast section kept me ahead. Overtaking in the slower parts was almost impossible so I could maintain my position. But inevitably I made mistakes and dropped down to 5th. Then I had a good fight with Fabricio although I doubt he saw it like that from his point of view being stuck behind a car that was so slow through the majority of the circuit then just drove away from him in the faste sections only to catch me again through the slower section. He finally got past and immediately drove away from me showing how much I'd held him up. But a few laps later he span out of the final hairpin and I guess his heart sank when I drove past and he was stuck behind me once again. I began to think I could actually hold onto 5th but then with only a few minutes left I span coming out of the first hairpin and Fabricio got past me. So 6th place having done half the race with no front wing was ok. Bloody frustrating race for me and no doubt for Fabricio too. Sorry.

I hate street circuits ;)

Well done for yet another win Ricardo :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Onto Watkins Glen. Can't afford to loose a front wing there. Super fast circuit should be fun. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

I had again huge lag at the start of the race, I don't know why happens this but saw even cars flying. So just tried to survive the lag for the first laps and complete the race. From that point of view, job done so it's ok. :D

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think a few of us had some race start lag issues until cars got split a little. Maybe something to do with the GFX details of either/both that track and the car mod.

• Informative Informative x 1