Assetto Corsa Round 3 Macau Guia

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Asian Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP - RUNNING PRACTICE SESSION ONLY

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hi Ken - the race info says an hour for this race rather than the 45 minutes for the first 2. Can you confirm the distance please :)

Also as this track only has one camera I made another one, not better necessarily but will give some variety if you watch the replay.
    Drop the Cameras_1.ini file into the macau/data folder (you'll already see the cameras.ini from the existing set in there).
    Cameras can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1klq9z7vkikccb/cameras_1.rar?dl=0

Quick overview and a target time ;) here:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

getting texture dds file failing to load. I have installed the latest track version. I can still get on the server so big deal but all the buildings are white :(

4. Ken Jagger

Yes it is a 60 min race, because this is the showcase event of the series :)

Thanks for your work in creating the new camera file. Members note that this is not a mandatory requirement for this race and will not cause mismatches when joining the server.

5. Ken Jagger

Do you get the same error when using this track in offline mode Paul?

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Thanks Ken - this could be a tricky one then. It's hard enough doing a flying qualifying lap let alone an hours worth :D

Paul - it might be worth deleting the track (both from the tracks directory and from the CM extensions folder if you run that), and re-downloading/installing it fresh.
    It works on my gaming PC with CM enabled, and I just installed the track onto my totally stock install on the media pc and can confirm it works fine without CM also (Insanely hard track on a gamepad!).

I remember the 'tracks configs' add on for CM was giving me DDS and KN5 failure messages but still ran - if I remember right you'll need to go into your Assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded folder and delete everything to do with Macau.
    I should add the track actually looks far nicer without the CM config so you win both ways.

The VAO update can be left in as that doesn't cause any issues.

You might need to disable any autoload/auto-update in CM for these types of files or it'll likely just re-add the broken patch again if it wasn't you that loaded it to begin with :)

7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I just installed the track and it works for me.

Never driven here, what a crazy track!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks Tim I'll give that a try when I'm on my PC next time out. I didnt have this version of Macau installed so I'm not sure it will be this. However I do have a completely separate Macau track so maybe this is interfering. Its installed in a different folder though.

Ken I didn't try offline so I'll try this later. The problems not stopping me getting on the server and driving the track so it's not a big problem.

Thanks

9. Ken Jagger

Sounds like that's your problem if I understand what you've said correctly? Wrong track installed?

10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

By definition, If he can join he has the right track. But if there is another Macau it's possible that CM identifies them in some other way and tries to apply the other tracks' patch to 'our' Macao.
    This would explain why several of us have missing KN5's/DDS files when running it

11. Ken Jagger

Yes of course, it was just the way Paul phrased it that made me think that.
    Only relevant if using CM?

12. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Anyone got a screenshot of the missing texture buildings?

I get 2 different errors on loading but game looks fine to me. Maybe I need to look harder?

13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Had the right track installed.

It's a problem with CSP. I switch this feature off and no problems. I did delete the files Tim said but it didn't solve the issue. Not spending anymore time on this as the track is still driveable with or without CSP.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Yes - it's a set of files that CM is trying to load that cause the issue. Without CM the game only looks at the actual files you've installed.

Paul, either you missed the ini file for Macau or have CM set to automatically load files, in which case it has likely downloaded them again when you restarted AC/CM.
    Killing those files solved the load errors for me :)

15. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

Oh wow, 60min on macau will be interesting if I will be able to start this time. So we will need a pitstop for fuel, am I correct?

16. Ken Jagger

I haven't checked that out yet :)

17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Unless you plan on some very heavy fuel saving then you'll need fuel.
    I think the walls are a bigger problem here though :D

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks Tim. Where about is this setting in CM. I'll run the race tonight without CSP active as it's better for performance but I'd just like to know where the setting is for future reference. :)

19. Ken Jagger

Reminder to all to make sure you are using your SRO member name, not AC nickname, for tonight's race.

20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

In all honesty I don't know, although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere!

• Funny Funny x 1