Assetto Corsa Round 3 Monaco 72 - Thu Aug 6, 2020

Discussion in 'TC Legends league Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 13, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Monaco 1972

The 1972 Monaco Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Monaco on May 14, 1972. It was race 4 of 12 in both the 1972 World Championship of Drivers and the 1972 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The track was substantially modified from 1971, in the interest of safety. The pits were moved to the harbor front, between the chicane and Tabac, and a new chicane was placed near Tabac. Jean-Pierre Beltoise's victory was the only one of his Formula One World Championship career, and the last for BRM.

Here you can see where the new chicane is located.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2020-7-25_9-15-23.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. The start of the lap seems weird here, you need to do 1,5 laps before it starts to count I think. Also that chicane at the end of the tunnel....:eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. John vd Geest

For me the lap counter starts when crossing the start/finish line at the start.

5. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Since the 1st lap ? I'm as Jeffrey, I need to complete a whole 1st lap (in addition of the pit exit) before it starts to count.
    A brillant track btw. And this time it doesn't look we'd have huge FPS problems disrupting the race and Caitlin's broadcast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Endy Yates

Endy Yates Pro Driver

When I was practicing for this offline it wouldn't count the first lap I did out of the pits - so I had to leave the pits and then do an entire lap from the start/finish line before it would start counting them as "valid" laps. Anything before that would just keep counting up as a normal out lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. John vd Geest

We won't have that problem on the starting grid of the race session. Only in practise and qual.

8. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

It's holiday time! I will not be able to race you guys on Monaco :( Stay off the walls and have lots of fun guys, see you in the next round!:cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

Anybody got a bmw setup to share?

10. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Gonna have to miss this one ,working :(

11. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I haven't found anything in setup that makes the car quicker really. I was mostly on default setup the past two races apart from changing gears. Shortest gears for this one, other than that it is more down to little changes that suit your driving I'd say. But let me know if you find anything :)

12. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

I Syd, I just short the gears and soft the sway bars but i guess those are more on driver preferences. I can send you the values if you want.

13. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

for once i am not looking forward to this round. I think its just going to be a crash fest, as its just really tight in a couple of places combined with the various braking distances and handling of the cars. That chicane at the end of the tunnel is more like a marshals post exit for rolling a smashed car out of the way! :eek:
    I do like the track mod though, looks great, just might suit little 50's to 70's f1 cars better ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Oh yes it will for sure.. :rolleyes: We usually have mess here and there and this time, only one little fail in the pack will lead to a disaster pile-up.
    Unless everyone gets in "full 24 hours endurance race state of mind" with some very very carefulness during first few laps.

By the way and paradoxically, I suggest anyone to manage to be ahead of Kimi's Panzer VI after T1.. :D That thing brakes efficiently enough and has a big enough ass to make any overtaking just unthinkable. Not to mention that you'd think you are the Soviet army in '41 as soon as there is a full gaz section. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I have to agree.. and hope it won't turn into a crash fest..

I'm also worried a balloon will cross the track. When starting a session a balloon sits on top of the tunnel as well. I might try to remove them if that does not conflict with the server.

16. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

What ?! :p

17. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi John
    Due to work overseas and problems with flights, I will not bee able to make on the grid to night.
    Sorry for this, count me out on this race, I will be on the grid next race again
    Cheers Claus

18. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

If only I could figure out how to slide it through some of the corners :) I was watching the video from the mod pack, on how to drive BMW, and he's sliding with counter-steering through most of the turns. That would come in very handy at the hotel hairpin and the last turn.

19. John vd Geest

Race password has been set.

20. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry guys may not be up for this one tonight. If I don't turn up have a great race. I look forward to seeing the 1st lap pile ups on Caitlin's broadcast :)

• Like Like x 2