Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Monza

Discussion in 'ACC GT MC Winter Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

r3 MC.jpg Registration

Round 3

~MONZA~
    Trick Or Treat ,
    Smell my feet,
    Monza
    Night Race
    What a Treat !
    scary acc.jpg

Halloween Special: 4:00pm 'in game' start time.
    Time excel x5

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. Not sure if I will join this one, my internet issues are not solved yet. I've replaced the UDP cables, got a new modem from my ISP, bought an external network card to test my motherboard's card, reset all the settings to default, but nothing has worked. Late in the afternoon/begin evening my internet goes from 250Mbps to 5, which is probably why I get disconnected.

My ISP is sending me a new splitter and coax cable to see if that is the problem, otherwise I've ran out of idea, only Windows reinstall is possible after that o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Sometimes, when my ISP conncetion is dead, I got used to race with the 4G connection on my mobile, exploiting the "Tethering USB" function on it. Provided your mobile phone signal is good, you will experience a little bit higher ping (mine is around at 120 ms when using tethering USB), but as I raced with it in many occasions with cars around me, if the signal is good, you won't cause issues to the other drivers race. Give it a try in practice session with some drivers around you, and see what happens.
    End of the suggestion :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. How does that work? You connect your phone to your PC via USB, but how does your PC select the internet via you phone. Also, don't know if that is viable for me, as I have a 5GB data bundle on my phone :p

5. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I have an Android mobile, so I can illustrate you the procedure for the Android mobile:
    Preliminary suggeted procedure: disconnect your Ethernet cable from your pc, or deactivate your wi-fi card on your pc. Then try to do these steps:
    1) connect your mobile via USB cable to your PC
    2) Go into "Settings" on your mobile
    3) Click on "Networks"
    4) Then you should find a voice "Router Wi-fi and Tethering", click on it
    5) I have 3 options, ( 1) Router Wi-fi; 2) Tethering Bluetooth; 3) Tethering USB. Select the 3rd options and now you should be ok.
    If your pc will ask for some permissions just give it.

From what I know I guess that an online race is not so "expensive" in terms of MB used. For a 90 mins race, probably you will need not more than 200 MB. I used to have a 5GB bundle too until a couple of months ago, so don't worry about this aspect, if you use it only for online racing and not to download videos and updates on your pc.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thanks Matteo, will be worth a shot if things don't improve :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Wow amazing guys ! I never thought you could be gaming on your PC using your smart phones network ! brilliant !

Hope you get in Jeffery ! The grid is looking good ! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

9. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Hey Rob a little confused on the time. 4PM EST right?

10. Rob Milliken

No sorry , in game clock time is 4pm so we finish at night .. Race day start time is the same as always ..if your clocks changed to DST it's Q @ 20:00 GMT, if your clocks have not changed (like mine) its still 19:00 gmt

11. I don't even know anymore, I used my phone and was on 4G for the race, still disco right at the start. I'm done, unregistering from everything.

12. Kenny Houghton

Kenny Houghton Pro Driver

Same i was in 3rd in GT4 sitting comfortable. Had a GT3 ram into the back of my car (on Curve de Lesmo) but i will not be pursuing a complaint as i felt it might have been that he blew his brake point. Then around the 23 min mark i was letting GT3 cars roll by me and got disco'd second time in a row. This game needs to be able to handle a 1 hour 30 min race. Im not happy about this this would have been a podium for me too...

13. Kenny Houghton

I feel your pain Jeffrey.

14. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

That was me that ran into you @Kenny Houghton . Completely my fault. Sorry. :( Was distracted by the problem I was having with my lights. Did a stop and go for punishment.
    There are a couple of GT4 drivers that need to read the no passing on yellow rule.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Kenny Houghton

All good i felt you did what ive done on that corner. It is a very tricky segment.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I feel for you guys with connection problems :( I've only ever had one disconnect in practice on an SRO server, never had issues again. Granted I never have internet issues at home, its always rock solid.

Jeffrey I hope you get it sorted one day, you were missed in the race.
    ---

As for the race, well it was fun for sure, but I really need to get my setups sorted before the race.
    I was using a coach Dave setup and it just wasn't good, stable but slow. I loaded up the default aggressive briefly and it was just faster :/ so I tried to do some comparisons and noticed that the Dave setup is running wing where the default aggressive doesnt...long story short trying to figure that all out I never got a good quali lap in and never made it to the race and started from pits. I did tinker with the aero but I messed it up because the car was just nasty over kerbs as it the fuel wore off...Anyway I'll take 3rd after a lucky break where Roberto ran into some accident problem infront of him and I was able to pass it all "The Fast and the Furious" style and gain two spots for 3rd :) and kept it there till the end.

Roberto great driving, I wish me duked it out till the end.

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

1st try with gt4 cars and its more for me than general ACC i guess.
    i was scared that @Simon Gymer isnt going to stop at all..can you do that? i think on monza would be doable?
    nevertheless good race, nice straights and my bladder allmost blew up. its saturday after all...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kenny Houghton

Where you in the white Porsche?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

thats a pity. hope to see you back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I'm lucky and have no internet issues. I do however have a laptop from 2010. So FPS is my issue, and my bad driving. I would have got 2nd but spun a few times when my pc froze.

• Like Like x 1