Round 3 Mountain Forest

Discussion in 'Ferrari Challenge 2011 Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So if you never, ever tested yourself at the rFactor1 Lienz Mountain Roadcourse, then here's your chance to try something close in rFactor2.

Who hasn't ever dreamed of driving a Ferrari road car on a challenging road course, sweeping through beautiful mountain scenery, tunnels and forests? Not many of us I wager, so get your fingers out and join the regulars this Saturday at this great location. Be there or Be Square! :cool:

3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

As long as I didn´t have to pay the repair bills I will be there.
    After the first few trials to complete a lap I thought you are maybe mad but it seems possible drive consecutive laps without to crash the car (even for one of the worst street course drivers here, because the walls are really close I count that as a street circuit :p ) but the number of consecutive is way too small. So there is some work to do, in particular if I want to finish the race.

But I have to look on the bright side, on this track I have definitely other sorrows than the shape of my tyres. ;)

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So did you never drive the rF1 Lienz Mountain track Philipp? So similar in many ways to this one which makes it very much a thinking man's track with car preservation the main concern :) It sorts the men from the boy(racers) :rolleyes:

5. Philipp Pichler

I drove it just for fun, never in a race. (And on similar tracks like that for example the old Sachsenring... well not the best memories)
    Therefore it´s something new but I´m old enough to tackle this challenge ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

At first congrats Ken, well deserved win and a good recovery after that messy first lap.

Regarding my race, the first half hour was quite ok but it got really hard to keep up my concentration. (This is maybe my biggest issue)
    With that problem it was about time to crash (happend at lap 19). Fortunately I didn´t crashed over the wall or got stuck there and the "mechanics" could repair the damage.
    I made a video of that incident and of my fasted lap which was onyl 8 thousandth slower than the fastest lap from Paul. Because of that fact I added his lap in the video, too.

It is interesting to notice how different my steering looks like in comparison to Paul´s smooth driving style. "Sawing" vs. "precision", maybe one reason that he was a bit quicker on one lap ;)

• Like Like x 2