rFactor 1 Round 3 Nogaro

Discussion in 'Skoda Octavia Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 5, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this first race of the series, so if an SRO Admin is not in the race, please make sure to start Qualifying on time by using the Voting System in rFactor.

Have Fun! :)

3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys!

I've found a bug with this track, the sky looks in the distance glitched or bugged, like the driver take LSD :eek:

I solved it removing the archive SKY.GMT that comes with the mod, wich is in Locations folder. Hope that works for those who had the same bug as me. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I have to apologies @Edward Jones, I was caught by surprise of my blown engine and it was too late to move from the ideal line. Seems that this hampered your race, sorry.

The reason seems very stupid, I somehow shifted down instead of up, no idea why. Probably this all would not have happend if this track had a normal starting grid. But three cars approaching for turn one never will work, I focused on giving Helder room and hit Jim. Somehow I recovered to fourth and than this... Something new for me.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

No problem Philipp. I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late for my old reflexes. I thought I was going to miss you, but no such luck. Had a great race anyways, mixing it up with a few drivers. Loads of fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

That was a hell of race for most of us. Luckyly for Jim and Helder they were all the race with good gap to avoid incidents son congrats to both! ;)

Start wasn't ideal as like Phil said, 3 cars in a row is a guarantee of first corner incidents, like it was. I managed to avoid the crash by going to the grass but lost some places in the process. After pushing hard I was able to catch Ed and pass him, and then I was stuck behind Jose wich although was slower, managed to keep his position for many laps.

That congestion led to Philipp came to all of us and passed eveyone but Jose, when in the main straight Phil engine exploded. :eek: I was really lucky again to avoid the impact going to the grass, not so lucky for Edward. :rolleyes:

After 3 pass attempts in wich Fabio hit my car in lap 20, finally he took my position and then we came to the final lap, where everything went wrong. Both Jose and Fabio were fighting really hard to the last spot on the podium, then in the hard braking after the back straight Fabio went off track, wich caused 3 cars were approaching the next corner almost in parallel. Jose decided to steer more than needed to the right, wich gave me no space to make the corner and I touched slightly his car, Jose going to the grass. For me that was inevitable as I had nowhere to go. And then somehow he made the worst possible rejoin on track as seemed to me that he tried to cut the corner to keep his position, wich led him smashing Fabio's car against the wall and both losing the position.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. Fabio Lozio

Fabio Lozio Pro Driver

Good summary Ramon :)
    at the end Jose cut the corner and hit my car...
    in the previous rounds, I hit your cars slightly in an attempt to overcome, sry for that :rolleyes:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1