Assetto Corsa Round 3 Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Is there enough overtime in the qual to make even one fast lap? Lap time is about 9 minutes.

3. Ken Jagger

I'll take your word for it that is around a 9 min lap in these cars. I've extended the Qualifying session to 20 mins, so there will be one timed lap only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I know I said these handle better as the tires wear out - but I think this one may test that claim to the limit!
    I've got pretty heavy opposite lock on every downhill corner and a couple of the uphill ones - On the plus side I look like this: :D at all times while on track!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

yeah...
    i have this :D:D:D in sector 1.
    this :D:D:D:D in sector 2
    this :D:D:D:D:D in sector 3
    and this :( after race..

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Would love to enter this Nurb round in the RS Porsche but my experience with AC is frightfully lacking. I've been scuppered by this 'booking' thingie more than once. I'll try to log onto the server for a trial run after registration.
    Oh, no! Not Tim Muttram! Hehehe... He and I are well known to one another through the UKGPL.
    Edit: Some minutes later... Successfully logged on to the SRO server featuring the RS Porsches at the Nurb. Hoping that I'll be as lucky when I try tomorrow come race time.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hi Doni, welcome aboard.
    SRO don't use a booking system so you should be fine here.
    Just be aware that the race password tends to be posted quite late (an hour maybe) before the race in my experience.

While I'm here, I've noticed the race details are wrong - the lap distance is showing the full Gt/enduro lap. We're only doing the 20.8km Nordschlief.
    I don't know if the SRO calculates average speed from it, but we could end up with some impressive numbers if it does!

8. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Hi there, Tim! Thanks for the note, mate. Will be watching for the pword posting. Good Luck to you today. I'm just in to cruise and have some fun in what is one of my all-time favourite race cars.

9. Ken Jagger

In our database and for each race, we have to create each individual track layout record which might come packaged together into one mod file. The data for this layout was mistakenly entered as you say for the Enduro lap distance. Whatever the value it doesn't affect average speeds as it is only used for our Historical records. The track data has now been amended, so thank you Detective Muttram. ;)

10. Ken Jagger

I have a Love/Hate relationship with the Nordschleife.

I Love it, but it Hates me! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

We do that to allow anybody who has not yet registered, the chance to test the car/track online before they do. If we changed the pwd sooner then they would not be able to do that.

12. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

Unfortunately I lost the connection to the server. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

sorry to hear Fabrizio

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Race Report/ Deport.

well.......

practice days went well, had great rhythm and ok pace, good fuel economy and didnt brake the car..
    happy days.

Quali time.
    Guys go out and have some great times, i was having great supper.
    supper and Quali time over....

its RACE TIME>>>>>>>> :)

So race was all about failing/ ailing hardware..
    no.. not the Porsche 718 Spyder..
    but my G25 H shifter...

Race starts,
    good pull off and not far behind Ken Jagger.
    when my gearbox decides its loving the neutral position.
    randomly while in gear and driving, it would jump into neutral and the engine would redline.
    this happening repeatedly and more and more often resulting in me blowing my engine 2 or 3 times.
    eventually me riding the last of the race one handed as my other hand holds the H-Shifter precisely in position.
    its a long race then.

So i finished the race in 9th out of 10,
    but what a mission.

Guess ill be doing the rest of the series in paddle shifter mode.

till next time.
    :)
    Karl Steeg
    Steeg AutoSport

• Like Like x 3
  15. Henri Miettinen

I didn't expect I could win because I only practiced a couple laps. But I managed to get a good time in qual and Tim didn't get time, so it was a pretty easy win. The race went driving without any risks and chatting with Veli-Matti and Janne at teamspeak. I would have liked a bit more pressure. But Nordscleife is always fun to drive.

Good result for HooDee Racing. 4 HDR drivers in the top 6. :cool:
    See you next time :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Grats to our podium! Great job with terrific speed.
    I took it easy and still rang the little car off the rails more than I'd like to admit. This was my first AC online go in years and I was more like seized-up than just rusty. :)
    Looking forward to making the rest of the events on the tour.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Totally forget that it was race day...

18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

My qualifying was scuppered as I thought it would be 20 mins so didn't get a time.
    Starting from 8th (Or 9th, I forget) certainly made the first lap interesting - I knew Henri would be very hard to catch (assuming I could gain on him at all anyway) and that every second he could pull away while I was caught in traffic would be incredibly hard to make back.
    I think I managed a clean run up through the grid despite driving very hard. The only touch being possibly a light side nudge early on, when the car to my outside hit the outer kerb and stopped sliding so much which caused us to touch.
    Once up to 3rd and clear I concentrated on driving at a qualifying pace in the hope the guys ahead would take it fairly safe and easy - As luck would have it Veli-matti was yet another very fast Finn - so while I did very slowly gain on both him and Henri, I couldn't get close enough over the 50 minutes remaining to even try for a pass:(

That said, the immersion from ringing every last bit of speed from the Porsche around the Nords in VR was mind blowing - right up there with the 1st league race I ever ran in a friends borrowed Rift (Also in a Porsche, although a 962 in this case and 45 minutes of fighting with Fabri - I even tried opening the car door to get out after the race..... :D )

Well done to Henri for the win (Sorry I couldn't make you work harder) and to Veli-matti for holding me off for 2nd.

Also good job to all the finishers - It's a shame the server ended the race before you could all cross the line, I guess the default wait time doesn't cut it here.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Henri Miettinen

I think it was 20 minutes, but no more, because I was running 2 laps (about 18 min in total) and waiting a little more in the pit.
    But it should have been longer for everyone to reach the finish line.

20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

No it was 10.
    20 Mins is enough for an out lap and 2 flying laps (The server won't stop the session until the last current lap completes - even the out lap should be no more than 9 mins and a couple of seconds as the pits are so short)