Round 3 Norisring

Discussion in 'Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Well, that was fun. While it lasted.
    At least I had no problem in the first turn, didn't get that far.:rolleyes:
    Better luck next time? Perhaps.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Lawrence

Nick Lawrence Pro Driver

big apology to everyone i found i wasn't in gear just as the last light came on and in my panic i hit reverse (god knows how i managed that) and then of course we all know what happened.... i can only put it down to my shock at getting my first pole against decent opposition. And i have to say i was shaking during the formation lap. god know how Lewis must feel..so again sorry sorry sorry

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Such a fun battle with Ken, What do you guys think- lap 43 down the front straight Ken moved to squeeze/ block but I felt it was late at the time- I got out of throttle when we touched but it was too late. I deprived myself a super tight race with him...not to mention Kens destruction:(..

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Damn, that was a wasted opportunity for me.
    I came in with no practice, but I have raced on the track before on Raceroom so I know the general gears, braking points, etc.
    Played with the setup, softened the springs and rebound, lengthened the gears a little to control wheel-spin.
    Got a great start, almost too good as I had to back off and then I saw all the carnage ahead.
    I somehow managed to thread my way through, up to 5th, which then became 4th and then 3rd after a great battle.
    Unfortunately through all of this I realized I was suffering an engine overheating issue, i was trying my best to manage it till my pit-stop but on the lap I was due in the engine went big time.
    A bit gutted as I think in the last 20 or 30 odd races I've done online, I've either finished last or DNF'd so a podium would have been awesome (for my confidence if nothing else.)
    Car felt good though, I think if I'd found the time to practice I could get into the 49's but I was mostly in the low 50's which was competitive round here.
    Also commiserations to @John lock I was keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy. I saw you had an engine failure too.

With regards to the Ken and Scott incident. I saw it on screen by chance. It was like Scott simply underestimated the closing speed with DRS? Ken went to the inside to cover into turn one, and Scott got into the back of Ken's car at high speed. EDIT: Just seen you post Scott. Yeah it didn't look like you did anything on purpose, the closing speed and change of lines just went against both of you. You were lucky you didn't take off your bonnet section too.

One thing that's interesting, being Easter weekend, I've managed to fit in some decent rest from work. Amazing what a different it makes to your concentration, etc.

Thanks to SRO for setting up the event, confidence is high, lets see how the #15 BMW does in the next one :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The second place man did not go at the start and my race was over after 3 meters. I did not know you could spend 5 minutes in the pits for repairs. Very educational :)

7. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

John I'm very sorry for hitting you. I thought you were going for the gap on the right and I went to the left and then things stopped. I drove the entire race without my front body work. Understeer in every corner. I was lucky today. Will be more careful at the start of next event. Hope everyone is there. This is a fun series.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ken Jagger

Try spending 22 mins in the pits John! Thats the 2nd time in this series I've had one :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

There was no squeeze Scott because I was ahead of you the whole time. Coming out of the left kink I was already moving to take the left-hand side of the track before you reached me, so it would've been possible for you to go right earlier and get alongside, if not slightly ahead into the braking zone for T1. Whatever, it was just a misjudgement and what happened, happened.
    There is no need to canvas opinion from other drivers o_O as they don't influence any protest outcome, which by the way I will not be making :) But under SRO rules you should probably have taken a voluntary Drive Thro', which I don't think you did.

It was another fun race between us, like so many in the past and I'm sure we'll have many more in the future :cool:

10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry John, it was the pole. Second was me. And to be honest I was a little surprised by the start lights. I fully understand what happen with Nick.
    After the start I was in front, at a safe distance from second place, then got a little to relaxed and ... bam ... repair 66 seconds, then speed in pitlane = stop and go and I was on position 8. After that it was a hotlaping race :) and finished on 4th with my front tyres almost melted :).
    Despite my early crash it was a damn great race.
    Thank you guys ;)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

From my view, I was sure I had my nose inside and was thinking you wouldn't come left anymore but with that kink it made it a tough call... I didnt do a drive thru, but would like to know if the stewards think I should have or should next race. Really sorry it ended that way Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

after a few more review angles, and some feedback, I will take a drive thru next race.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

DTM a great mod.:cool::cool::cool:
    Almost an hour with a badly damaged car can also be fun.:D
    After only a few seconds my race was over.
    When braking, the car pulled unpredictably to the left or right. After a few laps I went to the pits and had the necessary repairs done. Duration 139 seconds.
    After that I was back on track. Unfortunately, I made two more driving mistakes.:rolleyes:
    Lying in 7th place on lap 57, my Mercedes suddenly went out. Suspension damage!!???!!!!

Anyway, congratulations to the podium.

I'm gonna miss the next race. I'll see you at Brands Hatch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hmmm, I may just do some more practice to see where I can improve.

Just seen the times on the United Racers Server (they are running the same event, same mod). Admittedly it's all down to track conditions, etc. but the top guys are all in 47.7's.

Time to break out the rocket fuel....lol :)

15. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1