rFactor 2 Round 3 Norisring

Discussion in 'Formula 4 Powered by ACD Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Apologies but Ive dereged as I cant make this one :-( Have a good race!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Something was fundamentaly off with traction out of corners for me today, that made this thing really not a joy. Tried to atleast make the max out of it.
    Next track should be much better, could be the last I can do though :( See you all there hopefully

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dionysis Faraos

Dionysis Faraos Pro Driver

I feel i got the feeling of the car better now even just by changing the downforce levels and i hope the next rounds will have the same battles like in norisring.
    Very good and clean racing especially considering this is a track with a lot of contact happening.
    Hopefully I'll be racing in Austria. :)

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ken Jagger

This track seemed to be quite bumpy and rippled so maybe that had something to do with it. Of course running with lower DF levels will affect the grip under traction, even at low speeds in these types of cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Boy oh boy, My mates are driving like machines, nearly without mistakes. Very high level of driving in this series. P7 was my maximum.
    Michael led my attention on a point, which also CREWCHIEF told me often in the middle of the races: "Tires are cold." Is there any setup hint
    for me to increase temperature? Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

Maybe Crewchief is wrong? Have you looked at the tyre temps in the HUD and garage after pitting? Do they show they are not heating up? I hate to say it and I don't believe it is the case with your Gerhard, but cold tyres are typically because you are not pushing them hard enough!! :eek:
    My experience with RF2 since Day 1 is that tyres tend to overheat rather than run cool.

8. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Well I enjoyed last night to a point
    I am not a fan of this type of track.
    Race1 : spun out in lap one on cold tyres. Facing barrier and messed up engaging reverse gear so lost a load of time . I set off and carried on although was a bit lonely. I set my fastest lap in race one but as the front guys eventually came up to lap me I just slowed off the racing line to let them pass . This sent me into the clutches of others and I was lapped with everyone up to 6th. I finished the race and quite enjoyed myself despite my failings.

Race2: disaster as I left my car with low gearing by mistake. Messed up my approach to corners as I was accustomed to the high gearing I ran in quali and race one. It was a real spin fest out of corners and I eventually retired as I knew I was just going to get in the way.

Not a great evening once more but I think I am getting faster although just need to stop making stupid mistakes in every race. I welcome any constructive feedback and advice as I know I am up against some of the fastest racers I have ever met online.
    Congrats to the winners :D and see you all at the next meeting

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I am missing this one because I am shopping for a house and my agent has made an appointment for now!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

I think maybe you meant to post this message in the Red Bull Ring race thread?