Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'ACC 2021 GT3 Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Maybe my favorite track and car combo, but sadly won't be around on saturday.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Yes, great track! so many good races here in the past! hope we get a good turnout!
    FYI I'm using a new wheel for the first time in this race as it only just arrived last night!. Not my dream wheel but its what I could afford :rolleyes: ..
    G923 with Trueforce ..The G-Hub software is a PITA but once is sorted the wheel with, TF is pretty cool, you feel the engine vibes through it :) ..
    I really like the new brake pedal as well, its was redesigned & has a more realistic stiffer but shorter feel to it .... so we will see how it goes :D.
    I'm still slow as &%^$# but my driving experience has been enhanced with this new wheel ..

• Like Like x 5
  4. The gravel traps never felt so real ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

sorry guys gotta take wife out to dinner, have a good race

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I was part of contact in T4 on lap 1, I kept driving because I thought I was well inside at the apex of the turn and really wasn't sure who did what in the heat of the moment, I figured its not a punt so I kept driving. In any case whatever judgment gets passed I accept it, my apologies for the contact :(

Congrats to podium and Ruskus.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

I don't want to hear any shit about blue flags on that last lap ..I HAD NO BLUE FLAG .. besides I was going to let the pack by IN A SAFE PLACE ..Bule flag does not mean pull over instantly, you still have to find the best place to do it .. like not in the twisty apex areas .. I had 3 blue flags during the race & everyone got by in a safe way .. I was also racing & trying to close the gap to the next place .. On the last laps, there were NO BLUE FLAGS & when I did give way (caz even without blue flags I knew you guys were on the lead lap) 12th place snuck by in the draft as well so I lost anything I did have .. .. I always heed to blue flags .. maybe because the guy behind me was on the same lap as me I had no BLUE FLAG? IDK but there was no blue flag on that lap for me ... sorry anyway ..

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. John Vawter

John Vawter Pro Driver

Please delete my account, thanks...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Why ? because I defend myself when you accuse me of not following a rule? Just caz were backmarkers we still have the right to race & I was in a battle trying to hold the gap from behind & close the gap to the car ahead... If I had seen a BLUE early on I would have planned for it but I had NO BLUE FLAG on that lap .. shit happens ..this is supposed to be for the fun of racing ..I understand you are upset about a position but as I said there was no blue flag & in the heat of battle Im looking at apex's & it all happened at the last second ..
    I still apologized so if that's not enough I don't know what else to do ...

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John Vawter

John Vawter Pro Driver

Please delete my account, thanks...

11. Rob Milliken

I can't & I don't want to, I get it, but it's Not my job ... talk to Nigel .. But I will ask that you please reconsider .. we all have shit happen, it's part of life .. this place is to get away from the real world BS and to enjoy the sport of motorsport .. Your a quick fair driver & the last thing we want is to lose drivers like you over some last lap confusion/race incidents ..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. John Vawter

John Vawter Pro Driver

I will contact Nigel, thank you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Damn boys, let's all have a cold one ;)

As far as blue flags never had any issues with Rob if anything a little too kind at times.

John you seem fairly new in this series, no need to throw in the towel after an incident or two , usually this is a great bunch of racers but shit happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Sorry everyone for the derail .... :eek::(;)

That was a fun race for me .. had some good laps & the cars starting to come to me a little .. I like the new wheel .. i can no tell how bad my old one was ..lol
    Nice win again Jeffery! Man, can anybody beat this guy? Top Shelf Jeffery! Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 02.02.15.77.jpg
    Nice battle for 2nd
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 01.59.19.44.jpg
    Taner tailing Kristow .......

In the end, 2nd went to Kristow in the sleek 720S Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 01.56.06.05.jpg

Nice Job Taner powering the Bently to 3rd! Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 01.56.44.04.jpg
    Great driving guys!
    next up Spa..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Tough one. Chasing @Simon Brown i think whole race. Gave it all.

edit: Had wrong Brown there, sorrry about that

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

I checked also the replay and I believe there were indeed no blue flags for Rob, for some reason I do not understand, I got the flags properly.
    Anyway I also saw your flashing lights and pulled to the side when it was possible, but to be honest, if you are flashing your lights when you are still 2.5s behind the car in front, drivers tend to ignore the flashing at some point...
    For me I had a nice race until I went wide once, ruined the tires and then got a 30s Stop&Go additionally. This is why I had to catch up to Rob from the back again ;)
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It looks to me like somebody hasn't read and understood our Rules which is a prerequisite for entering ANY of our races.

2.8 Participant Conduct – Expectations
    It is expected that every participant and driver (entrant) at any event shall conduct themselves according to the highest standards of behaviour and sportsmanship, particularly in their relationship with other drivers and Officials, and in a manner that shall not be detrimental to the reputation of Sim Racing Online. Failure to do so may result in harsh penalties.

Good sportsmanship is the very essence of the sport, and the basic foundation of any competition. Competitors are expected to hold the qualities of fairness, honesty, courtesy, and justice to be more important than the outcome of the race. Real sportsmen/women may have an intense desire to win, but not at all costs. A person that has won by cheating, or by any means less than honourable, has simply found a way to acquire a trophy, but not a victory. The actual winner is the true sportsman/woman that might go home with nothing in his/her hands, yet his/her heart is overflowing with satisfaction. This satisfaction comes from the understanding that the value of winning is not found in a trophy, but rather in the sheer pleasure of playing the sport with honesty, fairness, and integrity.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, on any scale, is not welcome at Sim Racing Online events. Acts of unsportsmanlike conduct have many forms such as name-calling, arguing, accusing, and intimidation, flashing headlamps, honking horns, and losing without grace. No form of unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. Competitors that show poor sportsmanship due to a mistake in judgment will be educated. However, competitors that commit repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct will be excluded from all future events.

All drivers must know all of the rules. Ignorance of a specific rule is not a defence.

All registered participants are required to attend the event. If a driver is unable to attend, you are required to un-register from the event ahead of time. While it is understandable that this may not be possible from time to time, repeated no-shows will result in your entries to future events being filled by participants with a better reliability record.

• Informative Informative x 1