rFactor 2 Round 3 Oulton Park International - Sat Feb 13, 2021

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 1, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default 06.jpg

[​IMG]

Welcome to Oulton Park

Oulton Park Circuit is a motor racing track close to the village of Little Budworth, Cheshire, England. It is about 5 miles (8 km) from Winsford, 13 miles (21 km) from Chester city centre, 8 miles (13 km) from Northwich and 17 miles (27 km) from Warrington, with a nearby rail connection along the Mid-Cheshire Line. It occupies much of the area which was previously known as the Oulton Estate. The racing circuit is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Heads up.
    The mod has been updated to V2.0. It's a Steam Workshop update.

3. John vd Geest

upload_2021-2-11_17-40-7.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Can't wait to be visiting one of my local circuits! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Sorry guys. Can't make it. Installing floor in my house. I could finish it in one day they said. Yeah, that'll be the day.

6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Good luck with that Johnny!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Welp. Serves me right for looking forward to this race! 2 laps, misjudged the width of the car (stupid left hand drives) and bounced off the inside of the first chicane; engine and wheel gone. Absolutely fuming with myself, was even looking like John and I might have a decent race for once.
    Probably had something to do with the GT500 testing I've been doing, and the amount of real life driving I've been ding. Gah
    Point of order, but under those circumstances, are we allowed to rejoin John? I was tempted but it didn't seem fair to just go for it.

8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

i wasnt looking for it, been doing horrible workdays, super early mornings and long hours..cars are just so fun to drive.
    But it was constant hassle and allmost caused huge pile up at start, then i punt someone ( thou in my defence it was 6th in, 5 out and no brakes and he was like 50km/h slower so caught me by surprise ) then few laps ok again, did early pit to get fresh air and another spin.
    what a horrible drive from me.

9. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

No need to apologize Ricardo. Normally I would just go more to the outside and we won't touch I think. But the problem is there is not much grip on the outside of that corner and I coudn't see myself holding that corner so far outside without sliding out there, so I stayed middle and just hoped that you weren't that far in.

I expected a much harder time coming back after that, but some very thoughtful driving made it actually very safe and the pitstop-timing somehow helped me out in the end.
    See you guys next time :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. John vd Geest

No you don't. You have long hair and I keep mine short. :D

You were absolutely free to re-join. Shame that you didn't. I was looking forward to our battle too. I thought ... Oh, there's Eike passing me. This is going to be interesting :)
    I'm so slow off the line lately. Bad starts. Even with the Ferrari 1995 in the Best Fantasy Tracks series. I qual well and then throw it all away at the start.

• Like Like x 2
  11. John vd Geest

And you were only 1 second faster than me ... What am I paying you for ?!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Well nice race for me.
    I knew it wasn't fast like the people in my front, but knew it that I was pretty consistent and that help in race.
    Good start, and I tried to attack @Dino Paolini, but we had a small contact and he went to grass. (sorry again)

From that moment I tried to push all race, had 2 big moments (did a spun, and catch a guy in middle of the track), but had some (big) luck.

Look forward.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I had a very eventful race on Saturday. My qualy wasn't great ending in P5 and with a sec deficit with pole, but wasn't too worried as I believed there was more I could extract from the D4 during the race...
    The start was fine until @Toni Talvitie lost control and pushed me out of the track (Now, wouldn't be reasonable for Toni to have waited until all directly affected cars recovered from the situation he, even if involuntarily, created?) but, in any case, I managed a prompt recovery although losing a couple of places. Surprised at the rate I recovered them and found myself chasing Toni and @Kostas Kantzouras for P3.
    It took me a while but after they lost some time in their battle and Toni made a mistake once he had overtaken Kostas, I managed to catch and launch my attack on Kostas successfully although I think the D4 doesn't favor that sort of track battles as you end up losing a lot of time compared with any other fast driver running on their own. I think we lost some good time here compared to @Dino Paolini and @John vd Geest. However, that wasn't my worst woe of the race...
    After getting a few secs gap with Kostas, I made the stupid mistake of the race. I think I lost there any chances for P2 or P3 in the race. It wouldn't be my only mistake of the race though...
    The pitting maneuver! Having got damage from Toni's crash in L1, I knew I needed to configure the pit entry to avoid the body repairs... I lost a good couple of secs on the impossible Oulton Park track to fiddle with the pit settings whilst driving... And worst on, I had decided to reduce to 3 liters instead of 5 (as in previous races) trying to reduce pit time... (Great mistake!).
    Pitting wasn't particularly fast. I left after Kostas, John, Dino, and @Ricardo Ferreira. There was another driver that hadn't yet pitted, so I was in P6 and 8 secs to P3 (John) which looked almost impossible to overcome. Managed to catch Kostas again after an incident he had with Toni(?) and was planning to settle in P4 when a lapped driver appeared extremely slow in the fastest section of the track. With Kostas behind, I misjudged my overtaking action and converted the Palatov into a very fast lawnmower... Didn't lose much time though and I thought I still had time to attack again Kostas for P4... But the fuel gauge didn't think the same... I was warned I wouldn't finish the race at that pace... Had to lift and time the final lap to avoid being overtaken by P6... So P5 (not great) but a very intense race as the Palatov always delivers...
    Great racing with Kostas and congrats to Ricardo, Dino and John for their well-deserved podium.
    Video of the race:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. John vd Geest

That was fun to watch Jos. You are really wringing the neck of that car LOL. Drifting it through the corners and stuff. It's like an action movie haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great Vid Jos ! ..Fun race guys ..these cars are like super karts !
    I had mid pack pace but no where near the aliens ! :D
    Sorry @Tom Parton for the door to door contact :eek::( .. I thought I had cleared you on the inside .. then I felt the contact .. the g forces kept me from staying tight as I drifted out with momentum a bit .. It seemed like I was already passed but Im happy to have it looked at & will go with what ever the admins decide .
    Good fun these cars ! A nice break from the hi downforce beasts we normally drive !
    & So sad @Eike for ending your own race way to early .. been there ..
    See you all on the next one !

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken It happens, I put the steward report in because I felt at the time that the contact unsettled the car whilst I was on the power causing me to spin. @Hilario Sousa had nowhere to go to avoid my spinning car.

If I hadn't had a lag spike into the double apex right hander and completely missed the turn in, you probably wouldn't have had such a good run into the last corner. Realising you were there I stayed wide but it happens. Other than that, it was a clean race from my perspective.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1