rFactor 2 Round 3 Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Formula2 Six Nations Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Denis Gorelov

Denis Gorelov Pro Driver

Hi there. Iregistred for race, pls provide me password. Cheers!

3. Ken Jagger

Hi Denis and welcome to the series :)
    All passwords for every race are listed on the event page, so for this race they are shown here https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/579.
    The race password is usually set on the day of the race.

4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Damn, a minor mistake with great consequences.

Can you believe it, crashing into the marshalls costs me my front wing and likely victory. Quite an achievement to hit just them. Addtionally to that silly mistake I´m tired of
    this noisy neighbourhood. Not easy to focus on driving while hearing an ongoing party. Which just finished now...
    Oh dear, probably I should have pitted with that amount of damage, but I was no hazard and did not fight with Denis. In Formula 1 this behavoiur would likely result in a penalty. Don´t how you deal it here.

Anyway congrats Denis and a shame to loose two drivers before the race.

5. Denis Gorelov

Denis Gorelov Pro Driver

Philipp, do you drive without headphones? Or partys of your neighbours so loud so it not helps?

6. Denis Gorelov

Denis Gorelov Pro Driver

What i want to say. People searchin for leagues scanning server list around and when they goes online they tries car and chatting with people who maybe online this time too then they registering and league grows. When server is passworded always, people do not join. Today i had conversation about this in rfactor online, someone told me, server is only for SRO members. Everybody do like that, i must say. Servers goes under password when race come and non members cant join session. If server passworded always, the number of SRO members will not grow. Best regards, cheers

7. Ken Jagger

SRO does not exist to run Public Open servers.

We are looking for potential members who respect our rules and regulations, want to race with like-minded people(not wreckers) and enjoy racing in a real-world way. If our servers were open to anybody, then we are asking for trouble.
    Anybody who is serious about online racing will understand this, and it takes little time and effort to register. That is presumably what you did Denis? :)

8. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

So frustrated. A few minutes after Ricardo left I got disconnected which is a shame. Was looking forward to the race, not driven these cars for a good few years and I seemed to be consistently quick judging by the pace. Hope to be at the next round.

9. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I hope i can race next round too, but with my little baby still so young.. :confused::D
    I am trying to like these cars, I must say.
    With a proper setup they manage really well :D

Grats to all :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

@Ken and Denis.

Denis has a point, but so does Ken.
    XRPM did this: Server went online, 40 or 60 people raced the combo, but only 15 or 20 did the race.
    Some only went to do some laps, others the race, and a few took the trouble to register so they could race.
    This can potentially increase the number of registeres users.
    But it comes with a cost: admins would have to enforce rules with much more strenght to control potential wreckers.. and that's a risk

11. Ken Jagger

I figured it was a disconnx Bret after you told me earlier you had been having issues. A shame as I'm sure both you and Ricardo(if he could've stayed) would've given Denis a bit more to think about, although Philipp did a pretty good job too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Just to remind everyone that our server is usually up and running 3-4 days before the race for any registered SRO member to run practice, do testing etc to see if they want to run the race. Quite often the race pwd is not set until 3-4 hours max(or even less) before the race start time, so I think anybody interested would have registered for it by then.

13. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Agreed.. lap times were about the same :)