rFactor 2 Round 3 Road America - Sat Feb 19, 2022

Discussion in 'S397 NASCAR XFINITY ROAD SERIES Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 22, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-11-22_11-33-36.jpeg

All events have a rolling start / formationlap.
    Before the last corner we all double file in start grid order.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race has started for all.

Make sure you select the "Road Course" settings in Car Customization.

Henry 180 at Road America | NASCAR Xfinity Series Full Race Replay

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

Broadcasted

After a first try at Daytona, Rob Milliken will broadcast Road America as well. Good show Rob!

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. John vd Geest

upload_2022-2-9_19-57-55.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

Drivers Briefing

1. This event has a formation lap and rolling start.
    After the last corner we double file.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for everyone.

2. There is no mandatory pit stop.

3. When you go to the start grid, keep your foot on the brake when you engage the clutch because the car will roll backwards.

4. This event will be completely dry.

5. The password will change on race day and can be found on the Road America event page.

If you have questions, you can post them below.

5. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Paul Upham...
    Please being less aggressive for next time, there are no prices or no trophy, it's just a Saturday night fun!
    Thanks in advance!

by the way great race! Thanks for SRO staffs to put this race together!
    See You next time guys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Sorry Balazs. After getting booted off turn one i was too aggressive trying to get back some lost time. I apologize for bumping in to you a couple times. My breaking points were later than yours and I was not expecting it when i bumped you in Turn 2. I will try to be more relaxed next race.

Sorry!

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  7. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I was taken out by a back marker. I wish the guys who qualify ahead of me had the skill to stay ahead of me as the drivers ahead don't cause me any problems. Point,
    I qualified last.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q little disappointed with time. Had just done 2.01.9 with full tank on practice but ofc its different story to drive when got nothing to lose if crash.
    R knew had the pace there to compete and start was great. Then i pushed and pushed but couldnt brake it. Eventually did little slip on last corner and @Johnny Gutierrez got to the inside it so lifted little to avoid any stupid hassle there.
    Then took my breath for few laps keeping it there around 1+ seconds and after a while started to push little more again and Johnny took early pit. had 2-3 laps worth of fuel left and when track is clear, i take it tyvm. Never know if land in traffic etc.
    Continued fight after pit, had lost 3seconds but got that down to nothing eventually and then Johnny took another stop so started to wonder that do i have fuel or dont i. And why wouldnt i have since went 30minutes allmost in 1st stint.
    Had 40+seconds to spend so drove and kept calculating and tested how low can i go per lap with fuel. Then realized had lost some margin allready so might aswell try since would lose the spot anyhow if pit and probably with too big of a margin.
    Saved fuel then for 5-6 laps. Doing corners with 1 gear higher and shifting very early + on straights went 240km/h max. Top beeing closer to 260.
    Maybe little lame finish but hell, i take it!
    Lots respect and great stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to Toni for the win and to podium in third. Sorry. Don't remember who this is. Congrats all finishers because it was a tough one. Thanks Rob for televising this on YouTube. It's always a good day when you wake up in the morning and your computer starts and Rf2 runs smoothly and it leaves me scratching my head saying, something's wrong here haha.

Qualifying went good. My braking foot was kind of jelloish as I was already tired from practice. Race started out good. I could have stayed behind Toni but remembered, Rob might have the cameras on us so I had to make it a little bit entertaining lol. I noticed, Tony wasn't really defending so I wasn't pushing it either. We were side by side and that was fun. None of us really pushing but just racing. It's a good feeling when you can do this. All in all, it was a fun day to be racing.

On to the next. Will I get podium? Who knows.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Man, what a race! Thank you all for providing some serious entertainment! It was an honor to be able to broadcast all of you & sorry for butchering your names! :rolleyes:. This was only my 2nd attempt at broadcasting so I'm still learning & you guys provided some epic racing! I still need to work out some details like the mic popping & my covid symptoms still lingering on as you can hear my sniffles throughout the broadcast,o_O:confused: verry sorry about that ... I need to fine tune the 'voice vrs game' sounds a little better but at least you could hear me this time! :D I was able to bump the HD up to 1440 so that was nice and clear however the broadcast is full of mistakes & me hitting wrong buttons & being lame missing Toni's awesome last lap qual run to take pole from Johnny..:rolleyes: but over all you guys saved the day with some amazing driving!!

Grats to the Podium & will see you all in 2 weeks with hopefully a better 3rd broadcast:D

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken I think you are very well on point whats happening in race. Tactics, fuel savings and racing over all.
    And great voice!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Thank you very much Rob for broadcasting this event. Had a great time watching it back. You did an excellent job!

Race:
    Wasn't much to do for me in this event. I was driving in third place all alone the whole race.
    Not much you can do when Toni and Johnny are 2 seconds per lap faster than everybody else.
    But the car is fun to throw around, so I was enjoying that.
    Did a lot of fuel-saving from the beginning, and had 10 litres left on the finish line. So at least I know how to do that haha.

My favourite track from the series is coming up next: Edmonton Indy. An airfield that hosted Indycar racing.
    Hope to see you all there!

• Like Like x 6