Project Cars 2 Round 3 Road America

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.17 - 11.23.23.18.jpg >>>>>Registration<<<

Latest news:
    The Qual session for this race has been extended to 15 min due to the nature of the event & track.
    This pushes race start time back to 21:20 !

Round 3 brings us to the simulated 24 hrs of Road America !
    In testing We found that time excel @ X15 ~ 90 min gives us right around 22 hrs of simulation the next time step was X20 and that was just to fast IMO and might cause gpx issues for lower end systems so X15 it is !
    Race Start time will be 2pm in game time ,this will have us race around the clock to finish around 12 pm next day .
    All drivers please make sure your lights are mapped & your pit stop procedures are in order ! also do some testing with 15-20 cars at night and tune your Gpx down if needed . For all series Info see the main GT3 thread in this forum ..
    Something I wanted to share about the simulation ,fot the Banner Pick above I set the date to todays date and set the time to 11pm ,If you see the MOON in the pick its about 1/2 a moon 3/4 set in the southern sky EXACTLY how it looks and where it's set outside my window right now @ 11:26pm :D I thought that was pretty cool !

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

Hey, that will be very interesting!

Although this is one of my favorite tracks, I will not be able to win or podium finish here. Unfortunately Acura not favored the long straights, because is not so fast car… Of course I will do my best, but I'd be satisfied with a 4th place. Off course I would not like it, but this is the realization on this track - with this (otherwise great) car.

However the 24-hour simulation promises to be a great fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  3. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Make that car as slippy as you can Gyorgy, if you can do a bit of slipstreaming too you might beable to keep up on the straights and possibly use a strategy to favour you nearing the finish :).

RA is also one of my favourite tracks, hopefully this time i can keep my car facing in the right direction and bring a good result home for the team lol. It's going to be hard to balance those tyres from day to night and back again, some forward thinking with regards to pit strategies is going to be a big factor in this race i think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Drivers we have decided due to the nature of the event & length of the track to extend the Q session by 5 min .
    We will now have a 21:00 Start time for Qual with a 15 min session .. first post updated ..;-)
    thx !

• Like Like x 2
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Really sorry everyone, I can't make this one.

On Saturday night I'm doing a slightly unusual running event. I'm doing a 5k fun run around the Guernsey airport runway! lol

Obviously we won't be running around landing aircraft! haha, but we wait until the airport closes which is about 10pm, the race takes place at about 10.30pm, sometimes 11pm. I could do a bit of the practice session on the server but we have to register for the run by 9pm which is a pain as we all stand around for two hours waiting to start.

Anyway, my apologies and sorry I can't make it. Hope you all have a great race :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will get my car choise out to you tonight Rob.

Btw, I could not find the server yesterday. Is it not up, or do I need to type something special?

7. Rob Milliken

Choose any car you like John ! & with pc2 the server leys dormant until you join ,then as host you need to create the event .. it will be sitting with default road cars @ brands you need to add a P or Q session then pick the car & track .. See the server thread in the main pc2 forum .. On race day I will have it up around 19:00 ..
    Right now the servers named for Fridays SRO Max Coates TCC event . & you should be able to see it .. If not check in steam/settings/In Game and find the Max pings / minute and see if its at 5000 if not crank it up to 5000 or/ if it is at 5000 turn it down to like 3000 & see if the server shows ..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

The sun will be setting right in our eyes in some crucial spots ! .. so be aware !
    I set the track penalties to the max - 30sec's before it starts handing out drive threw penalty's for this one ..

9. John vd Geest

In practise if you go over the white line with 2 wheels, the lap becomes invalid. Is it that strict?

10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ouch! It's a shame it's so strict. Raceroom had that issue for ages and then the development team readjusted the penalty areas around the various tracks. In their defence though it was mainly to try and stop people cheating on the hot lap leaderboards! :)

I suppose the issues with this track are turn one and turn three, both of which have large concrete kerbs and concrete extensions to the track, when you are pushing hard you can run over that quite easily.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just an update for you @Rob Milliken

The airport runway run is due to happen tonight. Unfortunately the conditions are pretty horrible, heavy rain and high winds on Guernsey today.

However that isn't enough to stop it! lol.

Announcements have been made with fog warnings. If the fog rolls in on Guernsey you literally can't see your hand in front of your face so if this happens the event will be cancelled and I will be able to race with you on SRO.

The organisers will make a decision between 5.30pm - 6pm. Until then I'll leave myself signed out until I know for certain :)

Thanks, Andrew.

12. Rob Milliken

its not quite so bad on line .. I was taking turns with 2 wheels off last night on the server & did not get any penalty's ..

13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Noob question time.
    Why is it that I only see Brands Hatch on the server?
    Is there any "live timing" for PCars?
    I've got lots of other questions but, am trying to advance one (or two) steps at a time.

14. Rob Milliken

Welcome to the world of PC2 ..:D The PC2 server leys dormant with default settings some road cars at brands , first player on is host and must build the events ..see this thread
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sro-pc2-server.2012/ (some of the bugs mentioned in this thread are now fixed ..) On race day you will see the server up with everything all set .. but if you want to practice during the week or when ever, you have to build the event on the server if its empty ...
    At this time we don't have any live timing for PC2 .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Round 3 Official Practice has started !
    The Track is OPEN for all cars …:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ok. Event is cancelled. I'm back in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Well, I can't find the server. Only 2 Road America's and none is SRO.

18. Rob Milliken

Its up we are all on it dont use the search .. restart , then scrool the lobby by number of players from the tab up top maybe that will work..

19. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

So bummed I got disconnected 20 minutes into the race. ☹️

20. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

Someone could share the replay file? (Road America 90 min. race.) Many thanks!