rFactor 2 Round 3 Silverstone

Discussion in 'Le Mans World Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken Jagger

We will be using the Endurance layout for this race.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

I've added 2 additional P2 cars seeing as we had 2 red-light members.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Looks like we need to revert to 1124 here to ..

5. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

How do we do that Rob?

6. Ken Jagger

7. Ken Jagger

Open Steam
    right-click rfactor2
    Choose properties
    select Betas
    from drop down menu, select previous-release - this is the previous public stable build.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

I did everything you pointed but gives an error that says load manual.

9. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Why do we always prefer the hard way rather than easier way? that makes my keen push out.

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Question. Once were at the end of the formation lap at the start of the race, does pole sitter start the race at the start/finish line and everyone follows or does the race start at the last apex/corner and everyone follows? :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  11. Ken Jagger

12. Ken Jagger

What does? When you are trying to join the server or when starting rF2?

13. Ken Jagger

What hard way?

14. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

joining server.

15. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Many things are mod instead of original or thing that works properly. So, that quits me. I dont really want to go back to RF1 days. Sorry, pulled off.

16. Ken Jagger

Once you get to understand the rF2 structure better and how it all fits together, then it becomes easier to deal with problems that arise. We can't be responsible for problems that arise from S397.

17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to Toni and Caitlin. Well done peeps. At the start, I slung behind Toni and avoided any battling because I felt we needed to get away from the pack. As the race went on, I had nothing for Toni. I felt like doing a Hamilton because, if I didn't, he would just get further away over time. :D I decided the best choice was not to and he ended up 9 seconds ahead over the race I believe. Congrats man.

All drivers in the GT's were also great when I was passing. Speed difference in the corners were crazy different. Speeds down the straights, more in line with both vehicles though.

Cheers,
    Johnny

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q Didnt really get to hotlap. Hadnt tried softs at all and feel left lots time on track.

R Good stint, no issues. Johnnys pace was little worry as he been quick whole series.
    Was afraid of my left front and in the end it was around 35% and still had grip.
    Control.
    Agree, good traffic and tried my best to not mess with battles going on.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to Toni and Johnny in P2 what a pace you guy´s have :eek:
    Also congrats to GTE podium players :) and thumb up for all that took part in the race .
    Thank you to admins for all the effort and fun :)

Qual was not to bad going 4th
    Race not really used to rolling start thats for sure :rolleyes: had to let two car pass not to
    mess anything up as we where to go for 60 min. After a lap or two those cars got involded at something
    so now going 3rd made , me a bit to careful with tyre management :oops: I think. But was not even close to
    top guy´s time so it was all about not loosing to much time to those behind.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Ken Jagger

For some obscure reason, using the same setup but on 30% fuel and with soft tyres, my Qual performance was way off my practice time and the car felt dreadful o_O:eek:

I was expecting a tough race running behind the ACD guys who were quicker in both sessions, so was surprised to get the jump on Michael & Bjorn at the start and then nipped past Gerhard after he had a little off at Village. With Rui following me through, I was surprised that we both pulled away from them and I started to wonder what kind of race strategy they were running. I suspected low-boost, no-stop but didn't figure I could do the same and was unsure how to proceed.

Before I could think about it more, I got a light tap to the right rear from Rui behind as we came out of Becketts towards Chapel, which was enough to send us both off track. He ended up in the barriers but I was able to stop the car without hitting anything, with the three ACD cars all going past. I was eventually able to catch Gerhard/Michael and get back in front of them, only to fluff it a couple of times, requiring me to play catch-up again. I worked out that I could still make up time on them running low boost so I ended up not having to stop as originally expected, but due to losing the time I did with the couple of mistakes, I didn't have time to catch Bjorn who was driving very consistently :) and finished 7 secs behind him at the flag.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1