Round 3 | Silverstone

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 2017 6 Hours of Silverstone was an endurance sports car racing event held at the Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England on 14–16 April 2017. Silverstone served as the opening round of the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship, and was the sixth running of the event as part of the championship.

2017 WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone - Full Race

2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Scripted
    Sky: Mostly sunny with some rain
    Rain change: 20%
    Humidity: 20%
    Temperature: 26 degrees
    Windspeed: 14,4 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I guess we aren't finished with rain the yet folks! I will certainly need to practice racing here in wet conditions but am very much looking forward to the event.

See all you guys in England in 2 weeks time.

4. John vd Geest

It's the last event with some rain in it. Although it will be mostly dry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Will the lobby be updated today at some point? Need to make sure I get lots of practice in for this race and hope to start after work today .

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race servers normally go up 4-5 days before the actual race. We only put the Le Mans server up early to test the rain we had programmed. We do not use any trickery in the server setups for realroad etc, so you can safely practice offline without worries of something tripping you up :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Good to know. I wasnt suspecting any sort of trickery.

To be honest, the real reason is for ease of access lol .Joining the SRO server is far less work than creating one for me and Lance to use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

Silverstone bring it on, love this track however it is better suited for the other two GTE cars not my 991 :( Front engine rear wheel drive

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I love this track as well. Have been running a good bit of practice with Lance and am able to keep my 991 up with his BMW fairly well. Really looking forward to this race!

10. Bart Slobodzian

Love the enthusiasm, after 2 races you can begin to understand who is an opponent to whom, if you catch my drift.
    For me my first race was bad really hoped to of finished way higher but atleast I finished and got some points, I had very bad luck that race accidentally shifting twice up then down one on a raised kerb that sent me into a wall. I was in hunt and kill mode trying to chase down John once the start of the race had settled, if Lance was still in they would of got away too far drafting each other. However I felt I was gaining on him, the green blob on the horizon was getting bigger and bigger each lap till my incident on lap 14.
    We had a good tussle at the start of the race and Paul Anstey capitalised on the opportunity and took us both, theres always someone ready to steal your biscuit when your attention is busy else where. Anyhow both races have been great fun so far and miles of memories have been saved.
    Good luck in the next race Cody hope to see you at the front.
    If you fancy watching my race its here on YT

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I do indeed catch your drift Bart. After these first couple races I have a pretty good idea who I will be fighting with for position throughout the season. I did fairly well at Spa and can't complain with a podium, although I feel I may not have finished that well if others wouldn't have had incidents and discos. I know I could have performed better myself though too. The last race at Le Mans was a disgrace for me, but was ultimately my fault due to basically zero practice.

Agreed that the races so far have been very enjoyable and will be remembered. I plan to come to Silverstone very prepared and will be fighting to keep my 2nd place in the points standings. I have a strange feeling that we will be in contention with each other for that 90 minutes.

12. Bart Slobodzian

you betcha buddy, cheers.. I want them points

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

Some problems were experienced in the recent Le Mans race on Rejoining the server, in that some components of the setup e.g. rear-wing & fuel, could not be changed in the pit menu. Testing revealed this to be caused by using option 3 in the multiplayer.json server file. The testing proved that using option 2 did not cause this problem, so our servers have now all been set to use option 2.

The main impact of this is that anyone rejoining the server will have to reload their race setup before going out on track, otherwise they will have the rF2 default for that specific car.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Since this is my series, I'm gonna use this thread to promote another new series om mine :D:

Platform: Assetto Corsa
    Series: RSS GT1
    Signup: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/94
    Starting: sunday october 21
    Time: 20:00 GMT
    Payware: € 15,-
    Broadcasted

If you are interested in this series and need help with the download, you can pm me for instructions on where to download the carpack.
    Hope a lot of guys will sign up, because the cars are awesome.

If you have comments, don't reply here, but on the RSS GT1 forum.
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info.2884/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 4
  16. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Just curious if the server is correct with having the international layout set? I figured we would be running the GP layout...

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

was looking at same thing and 1st thing that came to my mind was wtf :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. John vd Geest

LOL, that's a mistake :p. I'll post the admin to correct it. It should be the GP version.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Check it now ! server should be correct version GT & the weather forcast looks like Practice & Race will def see some rain ...:D

• Like Like x 4
  20. John vd Geest

Correction. Only the race will have rain in it for the last 30 minutes. It will be the last track with rain in the series.

• Like Like x 2