Automobilista Round 3 Singapore

Discussion in 'Mini Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 1, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Well done everyone in this race!

Great track that put the tyre management as the main concern again, wich is always a guarantee of good fun. I knew qualifying was going to be the key in this race, as passing in this track was really hard, so I put everything in my laps. I was expecting Csaba on pole because he was the only one in 2,42s, but lucky me he couldn't replicate that time in qualifying. :D

The start was very clean, and Csaba and I made a gap between us and the rest of the field, and more or less our race was 45 minutes of pretty intense racing, as we were on the same laptimes. Tried to save tyres but wasn't really possible because of the pressure Csaba put on me. He had two clear moments to pass me but as I said, passing here was at the end quite difficult. :confused:
    I managed to save a little bit more tyres than Csaba (or so I think) because in the last 2 laps his pace dropped heavily, wich sealed my victory.

I hope the people with wheel problems could solve it, because I think the 4 front runners are the ones without problems, and the rest of the field seems to struggle with his wheels or the combination Mini/AMS/wheel... :(

Anyway, thanks to everyone and see you in Barber!

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Though one, first of all congrats Ramon and Csaba. The first laps were full of smoke, because of the two guys in front of me. That made it difficult to follow them and I was a bit worried about Paul. After I had a bit of breathing space and a smoke free view it got a bit better. But I nearly lost my car into turn two. Maybe that was my wake up call, because after that moment I found my rythm. My consistent pace was good enough to clear Paul and was as well good enough to maintain the gap to the two frontrunners.

I had a front row seat to observe their show, impressive guys, as far I noticed it because I had also a race to drive ;) Tyre wear and track limits were a concern over the distance, but not the big issue for me. My management was just good enough to get to the end, and I nearly beat Csaba to the line. It seemed that we were both on the limit, because my tyres had also started to fall off the cliff.

Interesting series so far, I´m not sure if I have finally got it how to drive these Minis, maybe my good form was only track related. I cannot explain why it was better than at the Hungaroring or Austria. Same set up and nothing I had changed in my approach.
    Looking foward to the next one.

• Like Like x 2