rFactor 2 Round 3 Sonoma Classic

Discussion in 'GTD Sportscar USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Thank you for updating Ken, I don't know why but visually they seem to have removed the 3D grass and made it a bit bright but fixed some problems reading the comments.
    So far newer version has always been equal or better, but for the first time I'm not sure about this one actually, but I actually prefer the old one as they broke things in new version.
    Check the new one out when you have time, sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Ken Jagger

I think it is what it is. We have updated the track in our DL's to v0.95 and that will be used for our race, although after some consideration of the number of entries we have, we will now be running the longer classic layout rather than the original Nascar layout.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

7. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

I've downloaded from both SRO website and let the game download the track. Both give me a mismatch, unable to find Sonomaclassic.scn, connection lost. I've followed every link posted, made sure v0.95 is installed, even tried deleting 0.9, but nothing works. Is anyone else getting the same problems?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Try uninstall and delete your SRO Mod file, restart rF2 to make sure any old references are released
    upload_2020-4-26_10-51-36.png

9. Ken Jagger

Please remember to unregister if you will not be able to run this race.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

Found a virus masquerading as antivirus software. got rid of that, uninstalled everything with 'Sonoma' in the name, and we're sorted.

11. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

46 GT3 cars on Sonoma! What's the worst that can happen ?

12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Ive dereged as I need to work late, so that's one less - hope all goes well

13. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

@ Norman: i think Ken is planing to set the driver limit to 35.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

People should be red lit then. 46 would be awesome though but not if it causes the problems we've had in the last 2 rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Cannot log on to server keep getting a mismatch, unable to find Sonomaclassic.scn, connection lost.
    I have
    1. Downloaded and installed the new version of the track v0.95 (However v0.9 is still in list and I can't get rid of it)
    2. I have delete all SRO rfmod files
    3. Searched for a virus non detected
    What am I missing here?

Update: I've sorted it. I was deleting the SROnnn.rfmod files via explorer when I should have deleted them via the rF2 application after installing the new version of the track. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  16. Ken Jagger

Maybe some of you have forgotten what I said after the last race at Montreal https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-2-montreal.3893/page-3 so here it is again.

Once again apologies to everyone who was entered in this race, for the issues we all experienced during Qualifying and the Race.

We have done some investigation and based on what we believe is good information, we have made some changes to the network configuration of all four of our rF2 servers. Until we run on them with another large number of cars, which realistically will be the next GTD USA round at Sonoma, it's unlikely we will be able to verify if the changes have helped or removed the problem.

In association with our server changes we ask that, at least for the next race, you all change and/or set your rF2 Client Network Settings to ISDN 64 Kbps. The information we are basing our changes on states "In general it is more than sufficient for a client to leave the default setting on 64/64 (isdn) ..."

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

Skin downloads from the server will also be disabled for this race.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

I am having trouble getting on. I get as far as the pits and as soon as I am in the car, it keeps booting me out. I have the kpbs set at 64, not sure what else I can do.

19. Zakirov Alexander

Zakirov Alexander Pro Driver

20. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

I still can't get on. Sometimes I get to the track and then it just boots me out. Others, I just keep hitting RACE and it seems to download the mod and then nothing. Don't know what to do.