rFactor 2 Round 3 Spielberg Historic

Discussion in 'SRO Multiclass Group C & Flat 6 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Back to the seventies on this big balls track. It is a very high speed track, but also very technical on the fast corners. Looking forward to this one.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Please make sure you are in the right class on the signuplist (GT3 or Group C).
    If you switch classes before qual, this will create problems with the final results processing.

Also make sure your SRO account name and your in game name are the excatly the same.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  3. John vd Geest

WE NEED MORE GROUP C DRIVERS !!!

C'mon guys. Don't be scared of that car. You only have to be carfull on lap one with the cold tires. After that it's planted like a tree (unless you smash the throttle down mid corner like you're stomping out a fire). And ... I will upload a fine Mazda setup this week. How's that? :D
    So ... NO MORE EXCUSES. SIGN UP AND SHOW UP !!

Signup: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/61

BTW, did you know how unique this multiclass series is? You won't find 2 different rFactor 2 mods driving together online hardly anywhere!
    Why? Because the result processing is very difficult to match together with 2 stand alone mods.
    We have a distinguished staffmember to thank for that who, after long and hard thinking, figured it out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. John vd Geest

Race strategie tips:

GT3 Flat 6:
    Drive your nutsack off to get ahead. If you know how to save fuel, you could do it without a stop. Although being on full power for 70% of the lap will make it very hard, even with saving fuel.

Group C:
    Well, the Sauber and the Porsche will definately have an advantage here because of their boost deployment. But more boost also means stopping early for fuel and staying in the pits longer and driving with a heavier car. So, do the math :D. In the end the Mazda could still be very close or even ahead. Pitstops are key.

5. John vd Geest

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. John vd Geest

Spielberg Historic demo lap with commentary

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

are you using an H shifter or paddles?

8. John vd Geest

I have the G27 H shifter, but I use the paddles.

9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

ok, that makes me feel better. I'm using the H shifter and I struggled to change down to 2nd in the first chicane. (as in your video)
    I'm going thru the whole chicane in 3rd

10. John vd Geest

No problem if it's the same speed.

11. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

the closing speed on the traffic is incredible...

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Yeah, you have to be awake with this multiclass. Group C is fast. Also remember that the GT3 brake much sooner then Group C so don't smack into the back of one.
    Nice lap btw :)

13. John vd Geest

Don't tell me I did that video all for nothing !! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I have looked threw all the posts but Im kind of blind so can someone please tell me what are the softs & hards for the C class tug boat races ? I have S500 & S600 I assume the 600 was softer ,only because it was the last ones to choose before the WET's lol

15. John vd Geest

The softs are the first choise S500 (the beginning), then moving up the scale to wet's, it becomes harder. So soft, enduro, wets or S500, S600, wets.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

& Thanks for the Porsche C class set :) I will give it a goo later today .. It took me some doing to get the skin in the right spot :eek: only because I was trying to install it in AC C class mod/track LOL:cool::oops::eek:o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Love the lyrics John.

18. John vd Geest

LOL thanks Larry. The shortest ever !! :p

19. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will not race tonight to much beer:) today

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wish I could have joined you Nigel. :) I could connect to the server but after everything loaded RF2 would stop working and freeze up. I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out. Tried several times. I was on practice server last night no problems. Oh well. Thanks Rob for the help and also for the setup tip last night. That made a big improvement but unfortunately could not put it to use. See ya guys next time.

• Like Like x 2