rFactor 2 Round 3 Suzuka International Racing Course - Sun May 2, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

supergt banner.jpg

Welcome to Round 3 Suzuka International Racing Course

Soichiro Honda decided to develop a new permanent circuit in Mie prefecture in the late 1950s. Designed as a Honda test track in 1962 by Dutchman John "Hans" Hugenholtz, The most special part of the track is the "figure eight" layout, with the 1.2 km back straight passing over the front section by means of an overpass. It's one of only two FIA Grade 1 licensed tracks to have a "figure eight" layout, the other one being the Fiorano Circuit.

The circuit has been modified at least eight times.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

GT500 Winner au TOM'S LC500 OnBoard / 2019 AUTOBACS SUPER GT Rd.3 Suzuka 300km

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

4. John vd Geest

5. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

Sorry guys I’m going to have to miss this round as I’m marshalling and the last race doesn’t finish until 7pm IF everything runs to schedule

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

A polite request (as it came up last race). Can drivers refrain from posting f1 spoilers in chat? Not everyone is able to watch races live and have to wait for vod on Monday.

Thanks.

7. John vd Geest

That was me. I won't do it again. :)
    I didn't think anything of it as it was hours after the race. Sorry.

8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Ooh Suzuka tonite? Hope dont passout..been doing 16h days this weekend :D

9. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I have been notified there will be power outages today over the next 6 to 8 hours. They are doing system upgrades. I am hoping not to have one during or just before the race. That said if I don't show up I have a black out.
    Cheers

10. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

Ive unregistered for tonight's race, ive got my pedals in bits atm the acc is sticking for some reason.

11. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Grrr, to outqualify @Neil Wood without any practice, I thought was a godsend. But a horrifically slow formation lap and insanely early grid form up meant I had 0 heat in the tyres. Went out of the esses with the same speed as I had all through practice, but at 40 degrees, just got a kick of oversteer, and once these cars go, there's little saving them at any kind of speed.
    Massive apologies to @Barrett Erickson who I knocked with on re-entry. Thought I'd left enough space to get back on, but I assume you were going for an alternative line for any myriad of reasons. You managed to KO my engine though, at least :')

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

drove my car to pitbox, no praccy either but suzuka is just special.
    have to be at work in 8 hours so with that low attendance i rather get some sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Sorry for your engine Eike.

When i saw you coming back i had a split second to decide left or right. Don't even remember making that decision, but from the replay it looks like my original assessment was left, but then quickly tried to jog right, thinking you'd wind up right where i was heading, but you caught it and it was too late at that point for anything but brakes.

Oh, well... On to Korea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Use the "Spoiler" feature :)

upload_2021-5-2_19-45-41.png

15. John vd Geest

Grats Mark, great result :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neil Wood