Round 3 Thruxton - Sun May 3, 2020

Discussion in 'Nissan 370z GT4 UK Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 21, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to round 3 Thruxton

Thruxton Motorsport Centre
    is a motor-racing circuit located near the village of Thruxton in Hampshire, England which hosts motorsport events including British Touring Cars and Formula 3 racing. It is often referred to as the "Fastest Circuit in the UK" where drivers can reach speeds of over 300 km/h (190 mph) and has earnt the reputation of being a true driver's track. To illustrate this, Damon Hill drove his Williams Formula One car around the circuit at an average speed of 147 mph in 1993.

The site also houses the headquarters of the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC).

History
    The site was originally constructed in 1942 as RAF Thruxton, a World War II airfield which was home to both the RAF and USAAF and was used for troop-carrying aircraft and gliders, including operations during the D-Day landings. Also, the paratroopers who took part in the successful Bruneval Raid (Operation Biting), in which German radar equipment was seized on the coast of France, took off from here.

The circuit, which follows the line of the airfield's perimeter road, was established in 1968. From 1950–1965, motorbike races had taken place on the runways and perimeter road.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Never drove this track before, besides testing the track. There are some mysterious racing lines in there. Took a while before I found them :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

5. Jordi Torrent

Jordi Torrent Pro Driver

I don't know if it's me, but when I run on the offline track I do better times (2 seconds better!!!) than when I run on the online track with the same setup.
    Does it happen to anyone else?
    Is there anything different?

6. John vd Geest

Your griplevel settings offline are probably more optimum then on-line.
    The server is set of natural progressing. That means the rubber builds the more you drive on it.

7. Jordi Torrent

Jordi Torrent Pro Driver

Thk-U John
    I see It....I'll check the progress

See You on the track later

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I am not surprised by the good times of the third sector ;)
    but I hope they won't be that good in the race anymore

9. John vd Geest

Why are you not surprised? What's happening there?

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Taken out again that is 2 races out of 3, with another crazy move.
    Not going to name the driver but I hope you done a drive thru.

11. Carl Middleton

Carl Middleton Pro Driver

connection lost :( gutted had good pace

12. John vd Geest

Disco happens a lot to me at the start of qual. Does anyone else have that as well?

13. What happened to the mandatory pit stops, race timings appear to show 1st & 2nd place didn’t make one? Or am I mistaken?

Was looking forward to this on, had a good setup but got taken off the track on 3 occasions during the race, sort of takes the edge of it a little! Did well to finish 6th really.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  14. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

Well, had a good pace in qualy so was looking forward a good race.
    Had a good start but then someone hit me in the back and spun. The car in front of me was lagging i made it very dificult do go on it. Then got hit again from the back making me lose time. It was hard beeing in the midle of lag and this hits.
    Then got in the pace again but what was coming it was even worst then previous.
    ANGELO SILVA goes wild and when coming into the track again in that long stragh line, he was coming slow, but just see the video:

Yes, he just close the door on me when i was precisely on him, because i was coming so fast i turn fast, and then if i didnt got out of track e closed it again to the right side.
    I got no control any more going to the grass not beeing able of braking the car.
    My car took so much damage and a lost so much time. Again i got in the pace and came back to race, from the back, recovering positions. I overtake ANGELO SILVA again, when he went off the track...again.
    Then, besides his bad behavior, when race was in last 1\3, catch him again now to give him one lap, and he didnt respect the blue flags.

15. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

never saw anything like this here. :-(

16. John vd Geest

The mandatory pitstop was suspended only for this race, because some drivers had their pitbox blocked by a truck.
    It was discussed extensively in the warmup chat that we would make an exception just for this event.

17. I did ask the question in chat at the end of warm up, but didn’t see any reply in time to change my setup/pit strategy. Was there a general chat announcement that confirmed it?

18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good Pole , Good race.
    Fighting with Michal and Carl and felt good. Then little grass on exit and did some excursions and barely managed to stay on right side, else Michal would have hit me.
    Good driving and on second attempt on lead on T1 made it stick. Had to keep car wide and take Michal's speed off. We touch and abit and well, could have played it more safe.
    2nd stint had to start saving fuel and when i finished it with 0.3 liters, thought I won it but apparently 2 guys had started lap so i was out of fuel.

@John vd Geest you can actually 2wide the chicane!! ;P

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

It was responded to by several drivers that it was a good idea 2 minutes ahead of race time.