Round 3 Thruxton

Discussion in 'AC TCR Championship Closed' started by Roy Cop, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Post your questions and comments here

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Practise server for Thruxton is up. Again this is on my personal server, so no live timing I'm afraid.
    Next Sunday the official server will be up with Live timing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Right fellas. The server with Live Timing is up. Go and do a few laps online to make sure all is well on your side ;)
    If there is any issue, let me know and I'll try to rectify it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Guys, I'm thinking of turning the track limits on for this one. The chicane is way to easy to cut and anyone doing it will gain an unfair advantage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Hi Roy,

What do you mean by 'turning on track limits'?

Only track limit option AC has is 'tyres allowed out' which is the tyres allowed off track.
    The only penalty for exceeding the option of tyres out set is the 'gas cut penalty' which I would not recommend using.

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Andrew, that is exactly what I mean. I've been testing it yesterday and the way it is now, it's way to easy to gain a lot of time by cutting the chicane. Having the "tyres allowed out" at 3 or even 2 will make sure no one gains from it. Cutting the corner will force you to slow down and make you lose almost 5 seconds. I think that's a good incentive to have a "safe" racing line through it.
    And to be fair, I don't like it either, however neither do I like people gaining an unfair advantage by abusing the track limits.

Another option is for everyone to have PLP installed and working. However I'm sure not every one has it or wants to use it.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Some time back we took a decision to not make this mandatory as we were getting too many complaints in the other direction i.e. too many penalties being given out by the sim. I remind you all that we have the Protest procedure to deal with things like this. It's very unusual that we don't get told if somebody is track cutting excessively and beyond sporting limits.

8. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Woof, my practice times are way off. Oh well.

Edited to remove the stream because it basically never showed anything but me being left behind.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Pasha Paterson

Wow, I was completely outclassed today. I hoped to show the race but couldn't keep up. Superb driving from everyone who wasn't me. Oh well.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Pasha Paterson

someone watching the stream made this for me and it made me chuckle :D
    amcry.png
    I think maybe I'll start practicing Oulton early...