Round 3 Winton

Discussion in 'Super V8 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

think it was my 3rd event ever with automobilista...didnt have tyres for race and never found a setup for car so it was really difficult.

3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Jump start, drive through penalty, overshot the pitbox, flipped my car on a curb, several off road excusion and my chair broke for the last three laps (brackrest went off, those IKEA folding chairs are even worse than i expected them) what else?

That was an awful lot of things that happend to me this race. But strangely I could finish fourth, gaining two positons in the last lap. No idea how on earth...
    But I have to thank Jens. I was completely out of it, aksing myself how can I even finish the race. But with your car in my mirror it suddendly came all back again (until the chair broke)
    Also very nice from you to let me back in front (I know you had to fake an outbraking maneuver, just that it is not too obvious ), so that I actually could drive the last lap and being able to gaiin two positions with that :D;)

What do you mean with didnĀ“t have the tyres for the race? You drove the same for practise, qual and the race?

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

The number of tyres can be, but is not limited on the server? But you need to select new tyres when you either pit or jump back to pit.
    Not as in rF2/AC where you always get a new set of tyres when returning to pit, as I forgot to do for my 2nd qualy stint....

The race was obvious one of the better ones with pole and win, did try to set fastest lap at the race as well but when I had the window right after my pitstop I got a bit into traffic. Then I decided just to keep the gap to 2nd and not try to push to hard.

Philipp, it was kind of an mistake as I hesitated a bit to overtake, did not push it as your pace was perfect for me to keep that nice gap to 2nd :)

This is for sure one of my favorite cars in AMS, looking forward to the next one!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

That was great fun!

It was my first race with those cars, and new track for me also. So given all the circumstances, I think 7th was a nice finish after all. :)

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Tyres, Tyres, Tyres!

I can normally keep the tyres under me compared to other guys, but maybe this time I was too optimistic. I didn't monitor the wear rate of them during the race as they felt good until about 6 laps from the end, when I was still in 2nd place!! Then the rears dropped off the proverbial CLIFF and it was like trying to drive a supermarket trolley on an ice rink :eek:
    I lost 4 places by the end of the race, so I've now learnt my lesson for these cars and will change strategy for the next races.

7. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Marat Ayupov was a participant at the Oct. 24th AMS Super V8 event at Winton. This person is NOT a member. The only way he could have joined the race was if he was given the server password by another member. WE DO NOT ALLOW THIS. You MUST be a member to participate in SRO events. If you are caught sharing passwords you will be banned from SRO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1