Assetto Corsa Round 3 Zolder

Discussion in 'BMW 235i Racing Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 5, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. server keeps issuing a penalty before getting out of the pit lane exit, locks controls for 35 seconds and puts me back in garage, on second attempt, kicks me from server?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Changes made. Try it again Chris.

4. Spot on now Ken, just did 20+ laps without issue:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I cant race tonight guys job will keep me out of this unfortunately :( i will unregister myself from this event..

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Maybe someone will correct me, but that seemed like a clean race all round tonight. I took it steady through T1 for obvious reasons and found (I think) @Franz Herbert Mann on my left on the approach to T2, but we both made it through without incident, and Franz kept the pressure on me throughout the whole race with Toni making his way further up the pack. It was a balance between trying to maintain the gap without pushing too hard......great racing Franz! Thankfully my setup seemed spot on and its overall balance and grip lasted the race distance.

looking forward to Mexico!

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good race, after got 3rd position, i managed to get gap down to leader by 2 seconds in 20+ minutes. So close was top 3!
    great drive all!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Sort of, although it seems my starts are always bad and that starts a chain reaction. I already lost a position before turn one, although I was still alongside, with that angle there is no chance to fight for the position. So I was giving that up by braking early, but then the car in front irritated me. So I turned too early and went over the grass.
    Coming back at the track, there is the car of @Kimi Martikainen, and as we touch my car spins. Luckily for everybody behind to the inside, that avoided a big pile-up.

Still, after starting in third I am dead last after the first lap. Nothing new for me and to some degree it was not a bad race. The pace was there, I was able to recover positions without any further incident. But as overtaking is difficult, every position gained come from an error of the car in front. And @Jari Laakkonen made none, good drive from him. P7 was the maximum. Still my best position so far, that tells you how good works for me. But from a positive perspective, some progress was made.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  9. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

Gday lads,

The feeling is mutual. Although I think that I had the better start you had the ultimate pace and were destined to win this race, as suggested by the Live-Timing. I think the back and forth of the times was a result of the tire choice. My car was prepped with hards from the experience of the last races. If the race would have taken 10 more minutes, we would have had a proper battle. It seemed that at the end of the race my times were more consistent, and I had some more rubber left. Also @Toni Talvitie was chasing through the field with scary fast times:eek:. Looking forward to some more battles in the future.

The replay is available under the usual Link.
    Also provided here for the lazy ones: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1awb8xf8s0vfzf1/AABrK-NJL1RTodl4h0KIYxJOa?dl=0

• Like Like x 2
  10. I ran mediums and still had plenty left at the end, without any noticeable drop off in grip, but then I do spend a lot of time & effort (probably too much in my wife’s opinion) tweaking the suspension setting to even out the tyre wear and prevent overheating, plus getting it set up so I never feel it’s going to spit me off the circuit at the slightest mistake! I enjoy that part as much as the racing. Hoping we can have some close racing again at Mexico!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1