Automobilista Round 4|30 Minutes|Jerez|02-05 2017

Discussion in 'SRO Formula 3 Series Closed' started by Sim Racing Online, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Qualifying 19:00 BST 10 Minutes
    Race 19:15 BST 30 Minutes

Driver Aids:

Automatic Clutch: Yes
    Automatic Gears: No
    Traction Control: No
    Anti-Lock Braking: No
    Stability Control: No
    Spin Recovery: No
    Steering Assist: No
    Braking Assist: No
    Car Damage: 50%
    Tyre Wear: 100%
    Fuel Usage: 100%
    Driving View: Cockpit & TV Cockpit

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's a nice track. Pretty too.

4. Sim Racing Online

Sorry peeps I am out for this. I feel like crap.

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

:(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry you had to miss it Wayne :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Sim Racing Online

Yeah me too. Was looking forward to it. Been dizzy as hell all day. Could not focus on the screen without wanting to be sick :(

8. John vd Geest

Automobilista is a good sim. Shame only a handfull are interested in the F3 series. The numbers will get better over time when SRO makes a name for itself in the sim community. We are the pioneers :)

Qual review:
    I had pole.

Race review:
    Ken jumped me on the start as usual (BUT I WAS DISTRACTED BY HIM OVERSHOOTING HIS BOX ON THE FORMATIONLAP AND THEN SAING SORRY AND THEN DISAPPAERING FROM THE GRID!!) oke, that was a lame excuse :).

So I was chasing Ken untill he spun into the wall exiting the last corner. Rob and I waited for him, because we are like that, you know ..., but I kept my first place, thank you very much, and crossed the finishline first. Hé, I've got to have at least 1 win in this series ...!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I blame you John! ;)

You took off like a bat out of hell at the green light and ran the formation lap at racing speed. Nigel and I were talking on TS both thought the race had started because of this, which is why I missed stopping at my grid spot. We were then just talking about maybe having to reset the race as I didn't think it would start with me not in the correct spot, but as he was about to do that the starting lights came on and I was placed by the Sim into my grid spot!

How nice of the game was that?

After my usual mistake I got back past Rob, but couldn't match John's pace as usual, so settled into cruise mode to the flag, keeping an eye on Rob behind. This casual driving may have been my undoing as I was chatting to Nigel going into the final chicane on the last lap and didn't get the entry right. This put me across the grass and off at the exit, but I didn't hit the barrier. The wheels were just spinning on the grass as I tried to reverse out and I didn't think I would be able to make it. Eventually the tyres found enough grip to pull me out, but by then both Rob and Ed had gone by, so I lost 2 places only 2 corners from the flag! :(

Grats to all for keeping the faith with this series and hopefully the follow-on to it will be better subscribed :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chad Bartrum

Chad Bartrum Pro Driver

These cars interest me for sure, it's just the time for me isn't good.

11. John vd Geest

I'm oke with a time change if that gets more people in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Ppppfff LOL, I didn't want to crawl the whole lap to my gridbox, so I was like "lets speed it up a little" hahaha ...

13. Chad Bartrum

Chad Bartrum Pro Driver

I appreciate that, but I live in the US so it would make it too late for everyone else.