rFactor 2 Round 4 Albi Chicanes

Discussion in 'ACD Historic F3 Closed' started by Paul Anstey, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Which layout are we using Ken?

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

With chicanes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Somebody is getting some early practice in :eek:
    Whoever picked the tracks in this series, certainly likes some chicanes :rolleyes::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

1000 laps all done on the wrong layout DOH! ;)
    If you're not going to slow down I'm going to need to do a load of practice. Now how do those quad turbos and NOS fit on this car. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

To avoid any clashes with old rfmod files from the previous Historic series run last year, make sure you uninstall and delete any old "Historic F3" rfmod files from your rF2 Launcher/Content tab.

7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

This mod is a bit strange. I had horrific races until the recent two. I´m not sure what suddenly changed.
    The lap time was there and race one was just drive it home from P2. I had nothing for Andrew, also in race two, congrats. Only his tactic to slow down to avoid another lap made the final gap too close for comfort ;)

The second race was more exciting because I had a good fight with Paul. As I only qualified in fifth a good start was crucial, and that happened. I was a bit scared because of Roel, we touched slightly. However that didn´t prevent to also overtake Paul into turn one. Therefore the start was very good, but I braked too late for the first chicane and gave Paul the place back.

Paul seemed a bit baffled why he couldn´t overtake me, as it seemed very easy for me too overtake him. Well, first of all sorry that I was so slow, I really lost my rythm after I passed you the second time. I can imagine that it was no joy to drive behind me. After my umpteenth lock up Paul managed to finally pass me, but I could fight back immediatly.
    I made a video out of that

Here you can see mine and Paul´s onboard while following each other. The difference between the two of us is the exit onto the straight. Both times I had already way more momentum than he, therefore I could make perfect use of the slipstream. The underlying reason for that was probably my second gear was better for that turn. In costrast to that, I had more problems in the last turn, but it was not that bad.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Q1
    Well this didn't go as planned. My first lap was baulked by a car ahead. My 2nd lap was too slow. My 3rd lap ended in the wall when Ken hit me. No worries :)

Race 1
    Got a terrible start. Got off the line but lifted the clutch too early and the revs died. So had to do some overtaking to get back to the front. Ken helped me out by going off at the hairpin. Got up behind Gerhard and he threw himself off the track at the chicane. Then came up against Klaus and I just couldn't get passed. So 4th was all I could manage. One thing that did surprise me was my lap times. I did a 1:33.1 which was over 0.5 second faster than anything I managed in practice.

Well done Blah! Blah! Blah! :)

Q2
    Much better qualy this time and I managed to get 2nd :)

Race 2
    Got another poor start and lost a few places at the start. Got back up behind Philip and well you can see from the video above the epic battle which unfortunately Philip won. He passed me so easily down the 2nd straight but I couldn't replicate this. You're right Philip it was the corner coming onto the straight that did me in. I just couldn't take it fast without understeer and maybe as you suggested my gearing was not quite as good as yours. I had noticed my slow acceleration out of the last corner in practice and never got around to correcting it which may have helped through that corner as well. 3rd was a good result and I maintain my lead in the series.

Well done umm can't remember who won this one. No, no name is coming to mind ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Interesting stat,
    In race 1, I set the 8 fastest laps of the race, however, I did not set the fastest sector in any of the three sectors :cool:

Video of the 4 fastest laps in Race 1 (sound is my car)

Found it interesting pausing it at points to see who was quicker where.

(Edit: Notice Philipp only used 4 gears rather than 5 )

Congrats to Podium finishers.

Never driven any of the final two tracks :eek: so best get some practice in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Nice video Andrew. Real Sky pad stuff. All you need is Anthony Davidson analysing it now :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Amazing video Andrew, never seen anything like that before!!!!

Next tracks:
    Betonschleife: very small segment of the classic Nurburgring, short, bumpy, dirty, savagely. one of the classic F3
    tracks, which were designed by Sergio Loro
    www.f3classictracks.com
    [​IMG]

Sonoma
    : often seen at Race2play, project car races and so on. Great track iused by nascar and indycar
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2