rFactor 2 Round 4 Algarve International Circuit / Fri Sept 20, 2019

Discussion in 'Historic Touring Car Series - Bluebird 510 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 16, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

History

The 100,000 capacity Algarve International Circuit (Portuguese: Autódromo Internacional do Algarve), commonly referred to as Portimão Circuit, is a 4.692 km (2.915 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Portugal. With a total cost of €195 million (approximately $250 million), the project includes a karting track, technology park, five-star hotel, sports complex and apartments.
    Construction was finished in October 2008 and the circuit was homologated by both the FIM on 11 October 2008 and the FIA two days later.
    The circuit was designed by Ricardo Pina, Arquitectos. In October 2010 the teams agreed to add the Portimão Circuit to the Formula One testing roster along with Bahrain.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.

3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Well, I tried. I wasn't in mood. Sorry Ed for my mistake. Bad brake balance and my rear melted -(

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Still cool that you showed up Flaviu :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

No problem Flaviu. I didn't get much damage. I lost more time doing a drive through after speeding in the pits. I was surprised to get penalized since I barely hit 1 mph over the speed limit for about a second and boom...drive through. Like Paul said, tough cop.

• Like Like x 2
  6. John vd Geest

Same happened to me LOL

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Pole! Not a PB but good enough :)

Race
    Got a great start and a good lead after the first lap. But I was pushing too hard and revving the nuts of the car. I cannot get an FOV good enough to see the shift lights. Turns out I was screwing the engine. After getting a 5 second lead over Roel I realised that the car wasn't pulling as strongly as it had been and I began to see that lead disappear fast. By the pit stop Roel was alongside me going into the pit lane. I'm glad he pulled back a bit as I may have missed the entry with no fuel to do another lap. Coming out of the pit box I just got back ahead of Roel but noticed 38 mph on the speedometer. Like Ed it was the briefest of speeding only a fraction of a second but enough to give me a penalty. Zero tolerance on speeding here. As Ed I was also surprised as usually you can get away with it. But speeding is speeding. I was glad to see Roel also got a penalty as I thought a race win was out. But my glee at seeing Roel come in to the pits after me was short lived. The engine power was now a lot worse than it had been and I had to start short shifting to minimise further damage. I came out of the pits behind Rob but couldn't keep up with him and Roel powered past obviously doing a lot better at engine management than me. On the penultimate lap the engine's power took another nose dive and I honestly thought that it would let go at any moment. Now I was doing short-short shifting hardly revving the engine at all. Luckily I had a good gap back to 4th so I could pootle around the last lap to come home in 3rd. So a lesson learnt with this cars just wish I could see those shifter lights as the rev counter on the HUD doesn't show you where the rev limit is. I'll need to look at another HUD to see if there's a better one available or see if there's anyway of improving the FOV.

Well done Roel on the win and Rob for 2nd :)

Just wish this was a more popular series. I guess, either drivers don't like non-aero cars or Friday night isn't popular as people may have social lives. What an extraordinary thought ;). Onto Mondello. Great track wish it was still on the BTCC calendar.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

Well Paul, you have quite an eventfull race. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fun stuff ! These cars are so fun to slam around !
    Paul was tearing it up and built A nice gap after 3 laps:
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 21.53.05.35.jpg
    Roel was holding his own in 2nd building the gap to 3rd & 4th :
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 21.55.23.88.jpg
    Flaviu gets a tank slapper & is simply a passenger as his car careens into Ed :
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 21.59.53.67.jpg Then John looses the rear in the hi speed last turn allowing me to get up towards the podium !
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 22.04.06.36.jpg I was surprised when pitting as I saw the 2 leaders ,who had already pitted ,coming in behind me to serve there Drive threw penalty's !
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 22.14.57.87.jpg I got out in front and was actually leading the race for a few laps with a nice gap that I gave up after loosing the rear on the curbs in T1
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 22.11.47.32.jpg I did manage to keep the lead but I knew it would be temporary , Paul suffered some engine damage and was now off pace but Roel had the hammer down and won the drag race down the start finish to take the lead for the win with 10 min to go:
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.22 - 22.15.59.66.jpg
    Grats to Roel on a nice win with the DT penalty ! Excellent driving !
    Very happy inheriting a podium finish and finishing 2nd to boot WoooHooo ! lol:D
    Hope to see you all next round ! :)

• Like Like x 5