rFactor 2 Round 4 Algarve Motorsport Park

Discussion in 'Le Mans World Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken Jagger

Please note that you must have the latest rF2 v1125 update installed for this race.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos Pro Driver

My first proper race in rF2 and boy was it a good one! Everything went according to plan except tire wear. I hadn't tested the MEDIUM compound for full race distance and so, with 2 laps to go, the front left went. Still P2, came away very satisfied. I only have one bad thing to point out. This version of this track is old and very badly made, the cambers are all wrong. Here's a much better version of Portimão: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2512160738

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

Glad you enjoyed the race Miguel :). Thanks for the info on this updated version which I'll take a look at with possibly using it in future races. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Great race, leader got away in traffic. Was very carefull and Johnny suffered from that too beeing a gentleman he is.
    Then had little slide and he drove to victory.
    I had the pace sometimes and othertimes not. Consistency just wasnt there. Car was very slippery and lost lots time on that one uphill compared to others.
    My car has old engine... :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

Race Porimao GTE C7.png Was fun Racing with Penny , it was so intense & i loved every part of it , i was sweating so hard , 35 C° degrees today , room was boiling , also i didn't have enough downforce so every last corner before the finish line i get left behind , it was very close that it was just a matter of keeping our focus & consistency stable , sadly Penny Spun at some point going uphill in which i literally screamed NOOOoo , as i felt it wasn't a conclusion to our battle , but can't deny that it was an awesome one , specially with the P2 banging our doors sometimes ( no problem :) ) .
    looking forward to Sebring , sadly i can't do the Le Mans because my wallet cannot afford it right now , if it was a free mod i would've joined but it's allright :D .

thanks @Ken Jagger for the host <3 !

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi Nassim
    Sorry to say I think it was me a bit to agressive try to regain time on Gerhard after my pitstop :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Björn Johansson

Congrats to all podium player´s great and awesome pace from you.
    also a big thank you to admins for all the fun :cool:

My race was a disaster after about 20 min I already had a lot off osillation in my wheel/whellbase
    drove on for awhile , but had to make a pitstop for new tyres. But didn´t do much good.:(
    This osillation thing only occurs in RF2 and it so bad my whole rig is shaking and its a mess for the whole house.

Today I have severe pain in my hands ,try to keep hold off the wheel. :(

Can any one give me some info about what to do?
    I use a Clubsport V 2,5 Wheel Base ??

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

try ingame ffb smoothing to higher value.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Grats both podiums!!!

Frustrating racefor me, no fight in sight. Ken did what was necesssary to keep a 20 sec gap, i could not close it because i had to save my tires, which were really cooked. Sorry for Björns fate, we had a good tandem stint, but first he lost grip, so he had to pit, and then his wheel shook like crazy - today he must feel like after a 3 days rave.
    Hope you can sort it out soon mate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Björn Johansson

3 days rave that would be better ;):cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Björn Johansson

Thank you Toni will try that

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

I had some from L1 after the minutest little lock up. This mod seems to create flat spots when you haven't even created one. o_O:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes exactly . I had the same thing ..4 or 5 laps in with still fresh tires on the main strait it would start to act like flat spots & shake the hell out of everything lol. I agree with Miguel that this tracks camber seems a bit off/wonky when compared to other versions of this track .. I did enjoy the Vett though ;-) rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2021.08.11 - 00.19.31.52.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Nassim Alaoui

Nassim Alaoui Pro Driver

oh that's the same livery i was rocking :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Björn Johansson

Flat spot is one thing yes , but I was going on squares :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Unfortunately that's all I can do for this series. I'm going to be away on holiday for round five, and I don't want to pay for the track for round six. Good luck for the rest of the season guys!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Sorry for the late posting. Life gets busy. :D

I had fun with all racers here. Good racing with Toni and Miguel. They were both fast and I qualified 3rd. Race started and I was happy being in 3rd as the two were faster than I was at the start plus Ken was behind me and fast as well so I didn't want him to catch us so no real fighting at the beginning for anyone. As the race went on, I could see Miguel and Toni duking it out a bit. I stayed behind as I was happy and didn't really want to push. Later on, traffic got involved and Toni wobbled a tiny bit but that was enough to get me past him. It's one thing racing someone, it's another think passing as we were both being patient. Good fun racing with him. Then I thought, "Well, second is good if Toni doesn't catch back up". Then, eventually, I caught up to Miguel as I could tell he was having tire issues with his sliding around a bit more than the norm. I just waited until I saw the moment Miguel's rear wheels just weren't catching traction on certain apexes. Went around on the the outside as my tires were a bit more together still. Overall, it was a good win and racing. These guys are fast and I'm happy to finish with them.

A race for me is always a win when I turn on my computer, run rF2 and finish without the system crashing or the computer doing it's weird thing and kicking me to desktop. If it doesn't do this, I'm just happy to race with everyone here as everyone is in different parts of the world but we all play with the same rules. Just Awesome.

Johnny.

• Like Like x 3