rFactor 2 Round 4 AtlantaMP 2014

Discussion in 'Virtual Endurance Championship Season 3 Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Nigel Middleton

Can I remind all drivers this is a tight track patience will give you the best reward.

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

First I thought the track was Road Atlanta :p

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Me too!

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

My apologies, not having a great weekend at the moment.

Got my times mixed up and thought I had at least an hour to learn the car and track but saw you were already in Qualifying.
    I then realised RF2 had lost all my control settings so the steering wasn't working very well at all, and none of the buttons worked.

Tried to at least make it to the end but I was messing up the car almost every other lap.

Thought it best just to stay out of the way on this occasion!

See ya next time :)

6. Toni Baena

Toni Baena Pro Driver

Conection lost

Vaya mierda

7. Nigel Middleton

I wondered what happened to you Toni

8. Ken Jagger

Very unlucky Toni as you were having a good race until then :(

9. Ken Jagger

Race from Hell Andrew....been there, got the T-shirt :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good race, allmost wrecked it all at t1 in the beginning. Just missed totally braking point. New track, behind another car.
    Battle whole race. Realized soon that there is no passing but John did some little errors, but when he did, wasnt that close so
    decided to do something and took early stop to avoid big blob of cars which John had to hassle before pits and after pits :p
    But i think he had to repair? Forgot to put repairs off? or something?

Anyhow, good race.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nigel Middleton

Race started well but at the last minute decided to change tyres from hard to meds big mistake. Went as long as I could for the first stint went in the pits changed tyres that set did not last as long as the first set front right was almost gone at the end of the race.

Fun race.

Grats to Toni and Fahn for there respected wins.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Yes Toni, the race was very exciting with you being so close all the time. After the race I looked a the timesheet and saw we did almost indentical laptimes through out.
    I had one big moment trying to pass Carl Middleton after the pits entry. Tried to pass him but got on the grass and went completely sideways. Just held it, but the (medium) tires were damaged.
    So when I pitted I had 3 red blocks on the left rear and thought it would not last for the last bit of the race, so I changed the rears. Looking afterwards it was not necessary because on the front right I also had 3 red blocks and had 2 left on the finishline.
    Those poor GT's doing their own thing were really harassed by us driving on the limit. I sometimes felt I was a bit to forcefull passing them to get a few cars between you and me, but only if I could get alongside them before the corner. I only divebombed once I think. Sorry to that GT, heat of the moment stuff :)

Grats on the win. You had the speed, so well deserved.
    Also grats to Fahn who won. Nice to see him here at SRO (although I nearly took him out when I spun with Carl ppfff).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I think I've got the socks as well...lol :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. John vd Geest

Thought it would be nice to make a P2 battle highlights video. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Thanks, cool to watch as allways.

• Like Like x 1