rFactor 2 Round 4 Autodromo do Algarve - Sun Aug 7, 2022

Discussion in 'FIA GT1 2010 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 7, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

FIAGT12010.jpg

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO ROUND 4 AT ALGARVE

The 2010 FIA GT1 Algarve Round was an auto race held at the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, Portimão, Portugal on September 17-19, 2010. The FIA GT1 race served as the seventh round of the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship season, the greater Portimão Supercar event and was joined by the FIA GT3 European Championship, GT4 European Cup and Superleague Formula. The former FIA GT Championship raced on the Algarve circuit back in 2009.

[​IMG]

CHECK OUT THE ALGARVE RACE ON YOUTUBE HERE

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Mandatory pitstop

This event has a mandatory pitstop to change all 4 tires, just like the official series.
    The pitstop window is between 35 and 25 minutes to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Penalty for missing the pit window

After discussing the DQ penalty for missing the pit window with my fellow admins, we concluded that a DQ might be too harsh a penalty.
    So the penalty for missing the pit window is from this event on a drive-through in the next event or a 30-second time penalty on the final result (if it's the last event).

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

From the little testing I did at Algarve, I noticed that there are also here a few moments where the car gets "pulled" into an oversteer situation.
    Exciting stuff. This has to do with a few crests.
    You can manage this pretty easy as long as you know what you're doing or should be doing to counter this.
    The most important thing to remember is to keep your steering wheel as straight as possible and don't push full throttle over them.
    If you do that, it's not a problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. This event will be broadcasted
    Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Nassim, Lorenzo & Sameer
    Twitch broadcast link: https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Algarve Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal
    3) The race will be 100% dry
    4) Cut Track points are set to 7

4. Formation lap and rolling start.
    Right after leaving the last corner, we double file in qual order. When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race begins.

5. There is a mandatory PIT WINDOW to change all 4 tires between 35 and 25 minutes to go until the finish.
    Even if you pitted before the pit window, you still have to pit during the pit window to change all 4 tires.
    There is no margin. There is a drive-through penalty for the next event or a 30-second time penalty, even if you are 1 second early or late.

6. The pole-sitter will do the formation lap approx. 120 km per hour.

7. The server password will be changed on race day. You can find the password for the race server on the Algarve event page.

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

10. You can find the server by first typing sro

11. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

12. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

6. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

im having miss match entering the server.
    Any ideas?

7. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

is it possible to change car?
    I would like to do this one with the aston.

8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Are you on the release candidate? 1130 is the server with the latest updates..

9. Nuno Rodrigues

i see the name of the server as announced on main topic and i see 4 guys there, so i think im trying to enter the right one

10. Nuno Rodrigues

error is: Client - Server version mis-match. Client: 1128 - Server: 1130

11. Rob Milliken

Check here >>
    The server has been updated to v1130.
    https://www.studio-397.com/2022/07/july-release-candidate-now-available/

start STEAM go to your rF2 properties right click on rf2 and go to properties.. then use the dropdown in BETAS to select the release canidate!

Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 11.20.05.91.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2022.08.07 - 11.20.26.02.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Nuno Rodrigues

Rob, i read it all, but im not understanding what i must do. Sorry for my nooby
    "release candidate can be accessed via your rFactor 2 Steam account, under the release candidate branch option"
    cant seem to find this

13. Nuno Rodrigues

thanks Rob.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

my brakes hit on again...like continuous braking with 5-10% so that was that. ive cleaned those and been fine. i had put deadzone but after cleaning was all good whole day so removed it...
    before that we had great race, couple opportunities in T1 but didnt want to doit as its not really safe spot. tyres were ok and didnt have to push so pace was comfortable.
    stint 2 would have been with lots lighter car. Passing different story :D

gg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Miguel! Grats to all who raced.

Qualification: I killed it. I guess the car was too light and maybe a little airborne over the crest of the hill? Twisted like a top. That was that. Dead engine.

Race: Started last. I didn't know how beautiful the scenery was behind me. Race was about to start. I became mixed up and forgot where the start/finish line was. Hit the gas too early and then I had to back off and go back to last again haha. Johnny, calm your freaken nerves! So there I go, back to the end of the line one more time. I was behind the group and seen so many doors being left open and bam, temptation got the best of me. I just hit them one by one. I believe some didn't expect them and were probably were caught off guard. It probably looked like I was dive bombing but I wasn't. Haha. I enjoyed the race. Never a dull moment. I hope everyone did also

Racing John was fun. He acts just like his brother Verstappen. Dang, they always have the biggest shoulders.

Cheers,

Johnny,

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rob Milliken

YW! :).. You can easily switch back to 1128 by following the same procedure and selecting "NONE" in the beta drop down ..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

LOL. "I really don't recognize the guy but I think that someone famous." You leave John's sister alone. She's beautiful!

You go Gilles putting your girlfriend on your car. Makes the car ummm, shine?

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Yes, you can change cars.

19. John vd Geest

LOL, I wish ... "Push a few millions my way brother ...!"

Yeah, great fight Johnny, but was a little too late braking in the pitlane and got a stop & go. End of the battle going forward.
    In the second stint I made a mistake with Rob and I crashed. That also took Coelo out. Sorry guys, my bad.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

All my practice time this week had to go to a 2.4h race i ran yesterday in the newly updated GTE C8R (but on the 1128 rF2 build). So I just didn't get enough practice for this one to feel comfortable (I'll always prioritize the longer races).

[Speaking of which - everyone, sign up for John's GTE series starting in September. The updated tire model, even on the pre-update rF2 build, is amazing. You really need to pay attention to the tires now, new BOP, "shift protection", i think this may open open the competition up a bit with new strategy considerations.]

As for this race... yeah...

Q was typically bad for me. i suck at qualifying [lol, now watching the stream, they called it!]. didn't help that i was still tweaking stuff right up to the last minute. actually, beyond the last minute as i undid one change toward the end of Q.

The race didn't go too well in the first stint. Spun up coming out of T8 on the first lap, which let Paul thru. Then thinking i might re-take P7 from Paul by getting a better exit out of T4, i instead spun up and around and found myself straddling the curb at trackout. Took a few seconds before i was able to grab reverse and back off the track to get out of the way. Then watched the rest of the field pass me by. Grats to Johnny and especially Rob and Gilles and Ed for avoiding my spinning ass! Maybe Didier too (not sure how long it took me to get out off the line).

So i started over, trying to be a bit more chilled, in P15, with tires that felt like they were already ready for a change.

Great fun making up a few places after my screw up. May have caught a couple by surprise and collected a bit of damage due to some side-by-side contact, but it didn't affect my car. Hopefully it didn't affect others.

Did the pit as soon as i could and had even more fun after, as the car felt so much better. Great racing with all.

Great job on the stream, as usual. They just keep getting better! Lot of fun watching Johnny's charge.
    [And really, it was hilarious hearing you guys try to figure out who "john's sister" was on Gilles' car! "Looks like a rock star". "Maybe i'm just not old enough." Course, that may be right because we really don't know who that is.]

EDIT: Sorry, i just realized my grats to Miguel was left on the editing room floor when i dropped an explanation for why i lost so much time letting him by when i did (i knew i'd lose more time to Paul if i waited until the twisty bits). Grats Miguel! Great run!

• Like Like x 4