Automobilista Round 4 Barber MSP

Discussion in 'Mini Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 5, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this first race of the series, so if an SRO Admin is not in the race, please make sure to start Qualifying on time by using the Voting System in AMS.

Have Fun! :)

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good and fun race.
    After some practice spins at early stages managed to up my pace and was close to guys at podium. Well spots 2 and 3. Winner was faster still.
    Had fun, went side by side with Luis few turns. Fun stuff. Btw @Luis Almeida I saw your brakelights flashing little on straights so was wondering
    if you have some pedal issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I noticed the same, looked strange.

It is positive surprise that the number of attendance was more than 10 with Ken, Ed and Paul (unfortunately) missing.
    To my race, beforehands I thought P4 is set because the top three seemed set. I was more worried about Jens, but it came differently. I passed Ramon at the first lap because he was fighting with Fabricio. And because passing is in genereal very difficult with this mod and even more with such kind of a track. He was definitely faster and had also better tyre management. I would assume the racing was not bad, we drove side by side several times without touching, even through turn one. At one point I thought now he got me into the chicane section but it seemed he braked too late. So I unterstand the temptation to "divebomb" it into turn one, this move seemed from too far back. I simply didn´t expected it and turned in.
    No idea if you would be able to make the turn in any case, and at some point it doesn´t matter. Jens and Frabicio´s misfortune lead to the fact that we both had no direct pressure from behind (Toni was too far back). So I was able to limp with my damaged car to the flag in the order before the crash. Again thanks Ramon, I think we can/should tick that off. The standings show now Csaba and you even in points. For the future I´m satisfied to observe you both fighting for it on the circuit rather than become a part of it, as in Singapur for example ;)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

Need to clean my pedals, it does that when I fo softer on brakes. Doesn't happen if I release the pedal fast. Maybe I'll use the G25 next race.

6. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

Didn't have a good start, maybe because I was afraid to burn tires too soon. But had some nice fights, first with Norman with whom had to abort an overtake atempt that burnt my left front tyre, that move allowed João too get closer untill a slight mistake and wend a bit wide, then came that fun part wiith Toni, but had to stop (FL tyre was at 51% before mid race). From that only took the car to finish line in one piece.

7. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

First of all congrats to Csaba for doing just what he did, a perfect race.

My day didn't start nicely because Tuesday I had a race and when I closed AMS, my PC went into BSOD. Surprise came when yesterday I entered the game near the qualifying and found that all my profile was default, everything from key assignements, to FFB, graphic settings, etc. So I used the practice left and almost all the qualifying to try to remember how the hell was all configured. At the end, at least I could do a fast lap, but the car feel different than previously so I couldn't push hard to the limit to try to make the pole.

That insecurity lead me to take it easy in the race, so I take the first lap a little bit naive and that cost me, well, the whole race. Found myself stucked in P4 but at the moment I thought "well, as seen in previous races I had better tyre management than most of the guys, is just a matter of time Philipp make an error and I'll pass him". But that didn't happened at all. :D

Philipp had a decent pace and me trying to save tyres proved at the end that it was a bad strategy. Also it was extremely hard to pass here safely, so I had some attempts to pass but none of them was succesful. In the last 10 minutes I put "toda la carne en el asador" something like all the meat in the oven but men, it was impossible. :p

Finally I thought in the main straight I had him and tried a desperate move on the inside, at that moment I really thought he would brake early seeing me on the inside. But at the end, he was in the good racing line and me not, so my attempt turned into a dive-bomb sending him against the barriers. :confused:

Fortunately at that moment, we couldn't catch Csaba and neither Toni could had came to us, so everything was without severe consequences. I approached again my car in the last 5 minutes, as Philipp was clearly out of tyres, but aborted the attempt to pass because I thought it wasn't fair given the fact that I nearly destroyed his race.

Nice race after all, hope we can be about 15 cars for the next one at Monaco! ;)

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Yes unfortunately I had noticed too in the previous Octavia race at Cheste, goog luck with that Luis! o_O