Assetto Corsa Round 4 Bathurst "The Thomas GP" Post race reports

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Screenshot_seat_leon_eurocup_acu_bathurst_4-11-118-19-42-31.jpg Have Your Say !

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

OK we have our first ever issue with AC /server .. There are 0 none, nada result files for todays SEAT 3 at Bathurst .. We had a terrible long 4- 5 lag pause where for me everyone disappeared then reappeared * & some of us crashed & 2 disco'd but were able to rejoin however this glitch must have caused the server to blank out & no result file issue .. grrrrr… IDK what to do at this point ? re schedule the race ? maybe someone has results in the game ? pffff… I should have just done a restart after the glitch ..Next time I will !!! I forget We run the servers here ,lol Tim at r2p would chastise me if I restarted a race for what ever reason so Im trained not to lol ….

Very Sorry ,
    IDEAS GUYS ??

3. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I have the full replay if that could help.
    By the way, where/when was the glitch? There was a massive accident on the first lap on the straight leading up to the "mountain" but that appeared to be caused by a driver.

4. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

after start on the straight suddenly i was alone all cars was disappear after the turn to right cars in front of me appeared again and i suddenly was behind flaviu . whatever happen in that moment i was from 9th to 6th or 5 , at least dnf later ,could be a hard fight with flaviu :( . its a terrible track bec. overtaking is very hard, its a suicide, with 3 monitors or vr maybe better but with one monitor like most of the gamers its not a track to enjoy from my side.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I do have the full replay if you need it.

6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

@Rob Milliken It is a difficult track. We can reschedule at the finish of series if majority of drivers want. From my part I'm glad it is finished :)
    @Hakan Aslan I saw you on my mirrors and get prepared for a good fight, like always had with you. But would not be so long cause I go for fuel saving :-(.
    About passing here I had nice one, in fact @Sean Devlin had :) right in the mountains he pass me. I was a little scared and I lost the fight.
    I was so set to saving fuel so I missed the chance to monetize this when @Pieter Grobler pit in and than exit right in front of me. This was a stupid mistake and cost me one position.
    For me was a good race and not a scratch on my car. This reminds me I saw the race result on LiveTiming (edited) @Rob Milliken . Now I'm on mobile and can't check.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

8. Larry Thomas

Qualified 8th. That's not bad for me.

Race
    Started alright on the right side of the track. After the first corner was still in 8th position. Then, on the long straight leading up to the mountain, saw a big accident in front and when I got alongside I was span into and there was a huge crash. When I could get going again I was at the back of the field.
    Side note : Am a bit fed up (understated) by getting caught up in stupid (understated) accidents caused by others. So this time I will be filing a protest.
    Anyway, when I got back on the road again I had a huge amount of understeer so I called in to the pits to get ready for a repair job. My engineer advised me to stay out another lap if it wasn't too bad. That way they could give me a top up when I came in up with which could theoretically take me to the end without doing another pitstop. So pitted at the end of the second lap and from then on it was a lonely race. Was gaining on the drivers in front of me but Pasha, horrible person that he is:), decided to have an accident just before I caught up to him and in so doing deprived me of a bit of a tussle:(. Was catching up on Sean but he was to far away and I ended up coasting over the line (again) (Boy, my engineers played it close!) to a seventh place.
    Question @Dzintars Raits How on earth do you go so fast and not use "any" fuel:eek:.
    Remark: After a race I find it interesting to look at the number of Valid laps (and by deduction Invalid laps) and the number of accidents, namely the car to car accidents.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Please Let me know if a restart is done?
    I just got AC setup today.

oh. Hi Everybody
    :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Larry Thomas

Good news Karl. Good to have you back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Good to have you back Karl...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

thanks lads.

i tell you, life is hard without racing.
    this is my "safe place"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Glad to see your back Karl

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Thx Guys I totally forgot about stracker lol ..
    Results are posted thanks to the extra work of manually entering each result (Thanks Mark ! )

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Dzintars Raits

Dzintars Raits Pro Driver

Hi! This track mod probably lags in every server. Last week "i-src" V8 Supercars competition did not happenen, because of lags.
    Of course after V8 drive with Seat is pretty easy. That helped me prepare for the race.
    I won because of fuel saving. By the way, before the race I chose the wrong settings, I picked which helped to drive fast, but don't save fuel. And I could not change the settings, because my computer laged and when computer finally started working. First red light was on. Maybe that is why on first lap I made several mistakes, this allowed Alex gain a predominance. I had to chose between catching him and overtake or continue follow in safe distance and save fuel how much is it possible with these settings. I choosed to save fuel. In the middle of the race I knew 100% that Alex will have to pits. And this happened :)
    ..I thought that Roy will compaile the company. :confused:

Thank you all for the race!
    Guys, remember you can't win race in first some corners!;)

p.s. Larry, I myself don't know why is it :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I just saw that I haven't posted a race review yet, so here goes.

For me this race was always going to be damage control seeing that I don't like the track and couldn't be bothered to do serious training for this one.

Qualifying.
    Something weird happened when quali started. It seemed I was alone on the track. I could see no other names on the Ptracker and in the mirror. Decided to start the quali anyway. During my 1st fast lap another glitch and suddenly everyone was there again. This was not good for my concentration. It seemed more people had similar issues because the times were way off. Ended up 3rd. Looking at the times I could have had pole because Alex and Dzintars hadn't done their best laps either.

Race,
    Dzintars and Alex didn't seem to have a really good start because I had to hold back on the throttle so I wouldn't hit them. That had me exiting Devils corner slowly. Roel and Sean took advantage of that and were closing in on me. Being the narrow track that Bathurst is I knew that if I just stayed in the middle of the road there would be no way past except over the grass. I saw Roel letting off the gas a little so he wouldn't run into the back of me giving Sean the opportunity to get alongside him. Then to my amazement Sean decided to cut in front of Roel when he was still beside him. Why???? Use Helicorsa! Lucky for Roel it didn't lose him to much time because he was very close to me in the next corner. However, the move and subsequent crash Sean did ruined the race of almost everyone from 5th onwards. So there I was with Roel close on my tail. In practise Roel had already shown he had good speed on this track, so I had to be carefull. Then suddenly while on the hill Roel went straight and over the barrier... Then I saw a disconnect message saying he left the server. WHAT??? (later he told us it was a glitch). On with the race. At that time I was a couple of seconds behind Dzintars who had lost 1st position to Alex. Head down, and try to do the best we can. Our laptimes were virtually the same for the next 2 laps till there was a major glitch just as I was going down to Forrest corner. I had a grey screen for about 2 seconds. When the screen turned back to normal my car was in the barriers and fairly damaged. NOT GOOD! As a result Pieter who was 4th at that time was able to close the gap on me. I tried to go as fast as I could, but the car wasn't tracking the way it should have and it took me a while to adjust to this. I managed to get some distance between him and me, so that was OK. However I noticed the fuel usage went up. I should have been able to do the race one 55L, but by now it was clear that would not be possible. Alex and Dzintars were way to fast for me to catch them or even to keep pace with them. So when the gap to Pieter was high enough to get away with a pitstop I went in for fuel and repairs. Got back still in 3rd and figured that was the best it was going to get. Just tried to keep the laps clean and get to the finish in 3rd. On the last lap I saw Alex had to go for a Splash and Dash while Dzintars stayed out. Dzintars 1st, Alex 2nd, me 3rd. Knowing that both Dzintars and Alex were to fast for me on this track I still might have had 2nd, but that is a "would have, could have" situation and for sure no certainty.
    Well done Dzintars and Alex!

One footnote, let's NEVER race Bathurst again! I'm hearing the same stories in other leagues about that track.

17. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Roy : I saw Roel letting off the gas a little so he wouldn't run into the back of me giving Sean the opportunity to get alongside him. Then to my amazement Sean decided to cut in front of Roel when he was still beside him. Why????" # No mention of your movement in-front of me? right to left. when you moved left I checked my right view and it was clear but not near enough room to get in front of Roel and unfortunately we crashed... also no mention of me being punted of in the previous round?

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Are you referring to the fact that you crashed into me on the 1st lap, 1st corner? That had me run into Alex. Or are you referring to the next corner where I was passing you and you ran into me again trying to force me of the road? Or are you referring to the 3rd "incident" where you braked early trying to force me into an error? You know, where I had no option but to swerve get next to your car and you then turned into me? You're right. There was no mention of that on this open forum because I was asked not to post it. But strangely enough a few people asked me why I didn't file a complaint. I normaly never do that, but I might start from now on.
    But I'm sure You'll blame me for the 3 incidents.

Now I'm not getting into a pissing contest, but I showed the incidents to an impartial source who came to the same conclusion. And he is a steward for a very big league with strict rules.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Just reading your points Roy and although I would agree with some I would not I agree with them all. Best we agree to disagree and look for would to some good Sim racing in the future. Im not to often racing in the group you race with, im more the next group wishing I could keep up with the front group. Looking forward to Knockhill this evening. Beat wishes Sean…