Round 4 Brands Hatch - Sun May 17, 2020

Discussion in 'Nissan 370z GT4 UK Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 21, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to round 4 Brands Hatch

Brands Hatch is a motor racing circuit in West Kingsdown, Kent, England. Originally used as a grasstrack motorcycle circuit on farmland, it hosted 12 runnings of the British Grand Prix between 1964 and 1986 and currently hosts many British and International racing events. The venue is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul, Paulo will feel the need to beat that!;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

5. John vd Geest

Had a good fight with Scott Ring all race long. When he went off track 10 minutes from the end, I waited for him because I liked the fight.
    Two laps from the end he did a massive divebomb to pass me. Scared the living crap out of me. :D 5th place is a good result in a field with very strong drivers.
    Grats Michal. Outstanding result on this difficult track.

Interesting how you have to adjust your driving style when the tires start to go off more and more. Put me in a half spin a few times because I thought I had the grip from a lap before. Nope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Had a cracking fight with Paul Anstey from start to finish. Tyres held up fantastically in both stints. Still 80% left at the end of the second stint! Many thanks to the guys that acknowledged blue flags whilst Paul and I were scrapping (apologies for the contacts Paul, I felt I needed to give the place back after the side by side incident!) Hope I didn’t spoil the race for you. Great race though mate.:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goncalo Brites

Goncalo Brites Pro Driver

I wanted to make a report, how can I do it?

8. Go to the results page for the race, and there’s a column on the right for reporting.......though I think you have to wait 24hrs from the race first!

9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I did it :)
    Qualifying wins gave me a handicap, now it was enough not to make a mistake. Amazing, but it just worked out.
    I am most pleased that I managed to keep my concentration to the end.
    I tried to control the race and not run like crazy. I am happy with the victory, and it tastes delicious among excellent drivers.
    Today everything was perfect and the blue flags were predictable

Thanks for racing and see you next time.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q just didnt nail it and still tweaking setup and finding those tenths.

R 1st half got stuck and leader pulled away.
    2nd stint was goodish..run 1.32,x - 1.33.lows and finally catched P1 but he won allready ! :D
    Honestly speaking catching up was hard but overtaking would have been impossible without mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Congrats Michal, I thoroughly enjoyed the race, pleased with a podium finish

12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Q - Not bad. I was pleased with P6, and I was looking forward to fighting for a podium if it all went well.

R - At first I was fast but struggling to get past the guy in front, but then my car developed a sudden case of chronic understeer and I dropped to 7th, before having my usual spin and dropping to 8th. I then had to serve a ten-second stop-go for speeding in the pits because I wasn't concentrating, and when I tried to make up positions again I took someone off by accident (Sorry @Goncalo Brites !) and had to give myself a drive-through. I did manage to pass a few guys at the end, but I could only manage tenth, a lap down. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated by this car's understeer to be honest.

Oh well. Congrats to Michal!

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Did you mean you want to file a protest?
    The report option Chris mentions lets you see your race lap times it's not for filing a protest. For that you need to follow this procedure https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...ne-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-834

14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I did wonder why you didn't passed me. If we did touch it was only a rub and as the old saying goes 'if you ain't rubbing, you ain't racing'. But thanks for being considerate. As you say it was great racing with you I really enjoyed it. I pitted early as the car was understeering like crazy. My 2nd stint was way better for some reason and even when the tyres went into the red I was still able to push hard but not hard enough. A couple of mistakes allowed Chris to get me coming out of T1. I just ran wide and dipped my left tyres over the edge so had to get out of the throttle. That's all Chris needed to take 3rd. Finally we had a track that provided grip for these tyres. The car was transformed here compared to the other tracks we've been too which felt like we we're driving on ice. Was the server set up differently with a more rubbered in track or was it just the track or indeed just me getting my setup right? Must also mention the contact with Toni. I was alongside you and then you turned in to the corner and hit me. I was in 2 minds on who was at fault but I think it was just a racing incident. I hope you thought so to.

Well done Michal. I knew my series lead would be short lived. Just don't know how the hell you drive so fast. I have more work to do but I am pleased that I am getting closer but still much improvement required. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

A few months ago my t300 started to behave oddly: it gets hot and eventually i loose all feedback.. (fan is working tough).
    Tried to lower feedback force but it only gives more minutes... eventually it stops.
    One thing I founf is that it happens in a worse manner with some mods and not so much with others (and yes, tracks play a significant roll also).
    Any ideas?

Grats podium!
    Awesome combo, grats to host

16. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I had problems with overheating especially on very hot days when my games room was sweltering. You can turn the fan on manually so it runs continuously right from start up. This solved my issues I was having with it. The instructions are here
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  17. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

18. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi Goncalo. If you mean to protest the part where I spun you, there's no need. I gave myself a drive through for it as per SRO rules. I'm sorry it happened though. It was 100% my fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

@Paul Anstey i thought that i did turn in and not really sure where your front tires are.
    I knew you there somewhere but decided to close my eyes and just turn in thus shit happens :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Not sure whether anyone will find it useful, but just threw together a lap chart for last nights race.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1