rFactor 2 Round 4 Brno

Discussion in 'GT3 Endurance Championship - Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hey Lads.

just bought the challengers pack!! YaY!!

see you on track soon
    :)
    K

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nigel Middleton

This series has a formation lap, On green do not race off the grid stay behind the car in front of you in a single file.

The pole sitter will do the formation lap not exceeding 100 km/h
    On the last corner coming on to the start finish the race will begin.

This will also be announced in the warmup session.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nigel Middleton

Drivers
    The car you raced at Spa, Bahrain and Hungaroring is the car you will race for the remaining 2 races.

New signups for Brno can choose any car but you must race the same car in round 5 the final round.

5. Stefano Zanda

Stefano Zanda Pro Driver

Server off-line?

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It is at the moment due to something with the latest 1112 update having broken our dedicated servers. We are working to resolve this asap.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server is now up again :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Hey Lads

Sorry to say ill be pulling out yet again.
    having PC issues.
    sorry

Karl

9. Nigel Middleton

Got to pull out guys have fun
    Rob Milliken will be your admin.

10. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

That was great fun till i got a black screen... hope i was far enough away from everyone not to cause an issue. Great racing with Taner and Joe early on and was then just starting to get interesting with what fuel and tyres people had left. ah well try again next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. Was having great fun but then I crashed out. I thought I had more room racing Marc B but I didn't. From the car, it looks like I had the line but from the replay, I sure didn't. Crashed out. No ones fault but one of those racing incidents. Engine crapped out when I hit the barrier. I think I'll call this my DNF series :) Congrats to winner and finishers!. :) Good racing. Great battles of others I was watching from my cockpit.

Another story, I moved up from my Logitech pedals to Fanatec pedals and this past year, just been slower. Pedals are so hard that I race with some Keen hiking shoes. DOH! Maybe their set up wrong? Anyone with them?

12. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I may have been too fast at the start (why was it so slow?). If I deserve a penalty, don't be shy with me.

Nice race in a pack, but the track was too demanding and the tyres didn't last till the end, I had to change them and lost a good +20 seconds in the process. See you next one. At home :)

13. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Nice race. Decided to save fuel to make one stop work and it works well. But now I destroyed my tires. Next time I need save all of them fuel and tires :D

Penultimate lap was lucky. Gain 3 positions for free. But start was very annoying. Why so slow? 50-80 kph instead of 100, lot of dangerous situations was in a back rows because of that. Someone kick me in rear on formation and I ran damaged car for next 75 minutes.

14. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

"Another story, I moved up from my Logitech pedals to Fanatec pedals and this past year, just been slower. Pedals are so hard that I race with some Keen hiking shoes. DOH! Maybe their set up wrong? Anyone with them?"

Yeah, Johnny, v3 pedals here (replacing v1 about a year ago).

They are stiff, but i find that an asset. I wear relatively thin soled slippers during my sessions, which better disperse the force across the foot but still allow some feel.

They advertise that the resistance is adjustable, so you might want to check out the manual available on their site. If you plug these into a relatively recent Fanatec wheel, you can also adjust the break force via that (i think default is 50 of 100, with lower numbers requiring more force). You may also want to adjust the "max" brake in the controller settings to require less throw (same way you adjusted the "min" - but press as hard as you want to have to press, then click "max"). Or perhaps try the "sensitivity" adjustment to alter the response curve.

I'm still experimenting myself a bit, but my focus has been on avoiding lockups. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about any of that.

b

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yeah I have the v3 pedals. There's a dial on the brake pedal for stiffness. This feels OK to me anything higher and I end up with a very sore calf muscle. The other pedals feel OK to me. I bought the optional dampener for the Throttle pedal. This helped the feel of the pedal as I felt it was too light. You can also buy a kit for the brake pedal to change the spring and inside bit of the brake pedal. Think it comes in 3 varieties.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nigel Middleton

Thanks for taking over last night Rob.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

just started using a set to found them super hard at first I actually fitted the pedal extension kit which has improve the feel too using them

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualy : Didn't put in a fast lap so was disappointed with a 1:59 as I was doing 1:58's in practice. P9
    Race : First stint was fun. Got stuck behind a McLaren for a number of laps but eventually got passed. I changed my strategy for the first fuel stop taking advantage of a gap in the traffic which I could fit into as I left the pits. Now I had no one in front of me and I could put my foot down. By the time everyone did there last stops I was 5th My second stint had done the job of leap frogging a number of cars. Carl was up ahead and I had fresh tyres. I think Carl was struggling on older tyres as I caught him quickly. On the penultimate lap coming out of the uphill corkscrew I got alongside. There was a Porsche up ahead who was on the left getting out of our way. Carl could have kept to the centre line and forced me to back off because of the porker but he gave me enough room to get by. Thanks Carl :). From 9th to 4th. Great race for me thinking on my tyres to engineer a great result. I love these longer races where strategy can have a huge effect on your result.

Well done to the winner :) and the podiums :)
    Well done to those who finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

I don't think I can do the next round as I have guests that weekend :(

19. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Hopefully I'll have more brake control next race.

Thanks Barret, Paul and Neil. I also have the V3 inverted pedals. Thanks for your help guys. Barret, I went into game controllers, properties and adjusted the "max" force in the feed back to adjust the brake force. I should have looked into this more. I didn't know this. Thanks! I pretty much just through them on the rig with no tuning of the pedals when first purchasing them. I also had the load cell set to the highest which was 4 or 5 with all these races. I'm going to turn it to a lower number like 2 and see how she feels. Paul, I only have the dampener for the brake pedal. I have the dampener dial set at 4 since the it only goes up to 8 or 9. The pedals also came with an extra spring but I believe that might only be for the brake pedal. Neil. Didn't know they had a pedal extension kit. Interesting. Again, thanks for the help!

20. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

well there actatually called d shape pedals but for me they gave a more comfy racing pedal feel

• Like Like x 1