Round 4 | Circuit of the Americas

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 6 Hours of Circuit of The Americas was an endurance race for Le Mans Prototypes and grand tourer-style cars held at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. Its first running was on 22 September 2013 as the fifth round of the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship season.

2017 WEC 6 Hours of COTA - Full Race

2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG]

Sunny
    Sky: clear
    Rain change: 0%
    Humidity: 30%
    Temperature: 29 degrees
    Windspeed: 7,2 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  3. John vd Geest

Did a little testrun today in the P2.
    I think the standard racesetup times will be in the 1.54.xxx low. Full tank and med tires. The faster guys will be doing 1.53.xxx low. And the really fast guys will be in the 1.52.xxx when the track rubbers in. So set you teeth in the steeringwheel :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

yey sunshiiiiiiine. ;)
    Looks like Cody has built up quite a significant lead right now, it will be tough to challenge for that position if he stays consistent in the top 10 from now on in finishes from my perspective.
    Going to have adjust targets on for a podium now rather than chase the lead we will see what happens perhaps luck will come my way, need to be consistent, sunshine means grip and that what I got to get hold of.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

Cody and myself are in the mid 2:04 to low 2:05 range on a rubbered track and race trim. We are new to this track but it's growing on me.

6. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

What day is the COTA server gonna go up? No rush just forget what day it normally comes online.

Is SRO planning anything on rf2 with the endurance pack in the future? Just trying to figure out all our plans going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. John vd Geest

The server is up standard is 3-4 days in advance.

It would be too much of a good thing to run it back to back. I think we'll have a pauze of 2-3 months and then run the series again. Maybe with the P3 in the mix if there is interest for it. The members can throw in idea's too for combo's. All good idea's will be picked up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

John sounds good. Myself and Cody are running in the WSCC which starts as soon as SRO ends. Might be a good idea to pick back up when that series ends as a few other SRO guys are racing with us there.

I would like to throw out a suggestion and no idea if anyone else would agree so no worries if bad idea. What if we ran a series with P2, GTE and GT3 or basically a IMSA series. We run the IMSA tracks or just some of the big ones like, Sebring, Mid Ohio, VIR, Road America, Watkins and MoSport. You could also diversify it more by adding a street course (Long beach or Belle Isle) and a Roval like Indy just to really give it a american feel. The reason I say IMSA is because no one is using the Endurance cars with the GT3 cars yet like IMSA runs. There is also a much smaller contingent of racers from North America than Europe on rf2 and SRC almost makes it impossible for american driver to complete the rookie series with the time slots they have so alot of guys just don't venture into the competitive side of rf2. This could help bring in a new bunch of North American racers that have no home and by the time the next season roles around would be in the 2019 with the new updates and influx of new drivers. I do like ELMS format of LMP2, LMP3 and GTE like your thinking. The 24 Hr Series also has a wide selection of classes adding in some touring cars. I think a all out tin top series could work also. GTE, GT3 and maybe touring or GT4/Spec car. Just some thoughts. Just make sure GTE is in and Ill be there.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Some interesting ideas Lance for sure :)
    Part of our consideration when planning & scheduling series at SRO is to avoid conflicts between series, particularly with the timing. On weekends for instance we have run two series on each day at a different starting time to try and cater for as many members as possible. As John has indicated we very rarely run the same series (with the odd exception) consecutively, primarily to provide as much variation as possible.
    So when it comes down to planning we have to co-ordinate carefully to avoid running the same/similar mods on the same day which could potentially be counter productive in terms of race participation. We do not focus on one Sim/Mod/Series to the detriment of others and try to give something for everyone, whatever their preferences may be :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. John vd Geest

Some good idea's in there Lance. I like the P2/GTE/GT3 idea. LMP3 has also been requested.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bart Slobodzian

I like this mix too

12. Ken Jagger

Server is up

• Like Like x 3
  13. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Is the server down?

14. Ken Jagger

It was for a short while, but is now back up

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone,

I did sign out some time ago but just to confirm on here as well.

I will be unable to make this race due to being in London that evening, I'm sorry.

Hope you all have a good event :)

16. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

Some nice ideas there @Lance Link Anything with the Porsche I’m in... I’m currently doing a Porsche only cup which is quite good fun so would deffo be here if you guys did that

17. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys Im out for this one as well , will be back for the next round ..this opens a GTE slot if anyone in the red !

18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I have a funny feeling my points lead will be a lot smaller after this race. I am not nearly as prepared as I wanted to be. I've been distracted lately and haven't focused enough time towards practicing.

I wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow in Texas!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bart Slobodzian

I've had a busy Sim Schedule this week, Monday, Tuesday prepare a car for Wednesday's SRC Academy race, Tuesday night I realised the car i prepped was the wrong one. Stayed up late on Tuesday to get something half decent for Wednesdays race, took until 20 min before the race I had something that was middle field competitive. After this I had an Enduracers event on Saturday to prep for, turns out I missed the race that occured 4 hours before I thought it was lol nay matter I joined that series mid season.
    Ontop of all this, this league is highly competitive and many of us are still in the running but I have only had little time to prepare for this one, only drove the Track first time on Thursday, man what a crazy circuit this is I was lost, its like a maze of corners, I didnt think I could learn and setup for this track in this short space of time.
    Excited to see what will be the outcome of this one.

Good luck yey Boi's and have some fun.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Here is the broadcast link:

• Like Like x 1