Assetto Corsa Round 4 Croft

Discussion in 'Ginetta G55 Supercup 2017 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

What times are you guys running? I'd like to know so I know how far back I am. :D:eek:

3. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Hey Johnny,

at the top of the web page: Live Timing: Assetto Corsa - Server 1: Laps will get you the info you seek.

1:22.2 currently showing as best time. i only have to find a little better than 4 seconds, myself :). i just can't bond with AC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Holly smokes!! And here I thought I was running super fast 1:26. Thanks Barrett.

For a bit their Barrett, I thought you were running 22's and the fastest was running 18's LOL. Misread.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@joao botelho de sousa Please, respect the blue flags next time. From my point of view it seemed that you were trying to block me.

6. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Cool and fun race on my part.
    Starting from 11th, I knew I had to be careful and be out of troubles in the early laps to aim for good points.
    Manage to do that, having some very good battles in special with @Stephen Mciver and @Kai Syvertsen. Also saw in my rearview mirror the SRO Admins debacle with @Ken Jagger spinning and @John vd Geest having nowhere to go. Could only say "Holy sh......." out loud, and in portuguese....:D. Tough luck gentlemans.
    Finish 6th was a good result for me, given the good level of the grid.
    Also happy to see 20 drivers on the server. Lets keep this going, drivers. We can do even better.

Those cars, this Mod, is good fun. Only thing that I dont like it is the lack of tire wear, with tires at 100% all the time. I hope this gets corrected by the authors.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

Good job it was Ken! It happenned right in front of me and when I saw it I thought someone's gonna be in trouble for that!
    found it a difficult track to keep heat in the tyres, there must be some setup secrets I've not discovered yet.
    Had some good racing though until I took too much kerb through the fast right hander and ended up in a field. Then it was kinda lonely with just the guys lapping me for company(briefly)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

My first online race with AC for a few years. Have to say I am super impressed with this car / track combo. The fact the track is really bumpy adds to the overall immersion as tracks are never super smooth. Found that my lap times were fairly competitive so set my sights on a top ten finish.
    Qualy saw me hook up a decent lap and 8th was a good enough effort.
    Race: Lost my head in the first 2 laps. The car didn't sit on the track as well as it had done in practice but I think this was due to damage obtained from being hit from behind and then running into the guy in front through the second chicane on lap 1. Toward the end of lap 2 had my first spin which dropped me to 14th. Fought back over the next few laps and managed to get back up to 8th. Then I hit the tyres at the second chicane which spit me off into the in field. Got completed disoriented and came back onto the track at the first chicane. Started another fight back and managed to get back to 10th. Came across a very slow back marker at the first chicane. He was just about to be lapped so I think he was trying to get out of the way but he caused the lapping car to go off the track to the left of the chicane. I tried to go through as he was going very slowly at the point but as I got alongside he punted me into a spin. What a numpty. No problems who ever it was :). Now in 11th there was no time to fight back. Good race considering I haven't done much AC driving. Look forward to the next round at Snetterton.

Well done to Henri for the win :). Well done to the other podiums :)
    Well done to those that finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry Henry, i was trying to get pace on this mode, and i had a distraction. I didn't enter the race to avoid those kind of situations. Anyway it was on pratice session not in qualy or race.

10. Henri Miettinen

It was race session when you came to the server. :D It explains a lot if you thought it was a practice session
    :D http://managerdc6.rackservice.org:50328/sessiondetails?sessionid=1632#

11. Ken Jagger

My apologies to John vdG for providing a head-on target that he couldn't avoid, after I ran on the grass exiting the 2nd chicane and spinning, first off track to the left and then uncontrollably back across the track, just as he arrived on the scene. I didn't realise that his DNF was due to that collision, but watching the replay of the incident it looks like it was. Sorry mate :(

My tyre app shows there is some tyre wear, but it doesn't indicate much at all. It's strange with this mod, but also AC in general, that I don't see much difference in tyre temps whatever I set the pressures to, or changes I make to the setup, which can't be right can it? The front's pretty much show blue all the time, while the rears are normally light green but the left rear sometime shows blue too. Very mystifying :confused:

12. Oh dear god! What a mess! :mad:I thought the was was at 19h15, not at 17h15!!!!
    Really sorry Henri:(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

We actually had two drivers turn up when the race had already started. Because we set the server to allow rejoins, for anyone who has a disconnect, this has the disadvantage of allowing late-comers to enter the race when they haven't taken part in Qualifying. If this happens again the server will be set to disable this option.

14. Henri Miettinen

I had front right blue all of time, but the front left was most of the lap in green. The rear left raises the pressure too high even though there are minimum pressures.

Try putting the front bumb setting to the maximum, if that helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Thanks for the suggestion Henri, I'll give it a try.
    The only thing that I don't like about setting anything to it's maximum, when it has a wide range of adjustment to start with. is that if that's what's needed to make things work, then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the mod in the first place.

16. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

I'm gobsmacked. Did it not dawn on you that if you needed the race password, it was a race session?

• Agree Agree x 1