Assetto Corsa Comp Round 4 Donington

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

gt4 r4 21.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

SERVERS UP!

3. Rob Milliken

4. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

First time in a race since February I think - good to be back and having fun with you guys again. Had a great time, close with Rob behind at the start and then Tim who passed me later in the race. Not sure what happened to you near the end Mark (not Tim ;) ), I dont think I hit you but you seemed to stop all of a sudden. after the chicane o_O
    See you next time...

p.s. I hope we keep ACC midweek (or a Sunday) but if its replaced by AMS2 then I will be up for that also..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

My name is not Tim, but i wish i had his driving talent!
    I ran out of fuel..

Despite not practising in the maclaren, felt far comfortable than in the Audi. Still not great lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Used my Kylami setup with some minor tweaks. Seemed to work well enough. Grabbed pole by a tiny margin but knew my race pace was not that far off that either so was fairly confident. Had to fend off Tim on lap 1 (hope I wasn’t too aggressive?) and then gradually eeked out a gap and never looked back to take my first victory of the season.

would have been a different story if Jeff had been there but I’ll take that!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Aaah sorry Mark - bad luck

8. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I am sorry that finally i couldn't manage to race, seems that i have to look deeper in my pc problems.. First my graphics card and secondly my net disconnections..
    My usb mouse also had some glitches.. I dont know, i am starting being suspicious about faulty motherboard.. I will check my graphics card at another pc and see what will happens..

I will not race at next one too, i decide to gift myself with a vacation week, i really need it badly because winter will be tough and i want to be prepared..

Anyways congrats to winner and podium finishers but also to all guys who raced.. See you all soon :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Nah, it was clean and just what I'd have done;)
    It seems that my major advantages in the Wazza are cold tire performance and late race performance (Providing I don't spin), both of these are because I'm having to learn the cars' grip limit throughout the race rather than trusting to the driving aids I think - watching my battle with John would appear to back that up as eventually he reached a point where his TC simply took over to such a point he couldn't keep up with me any more.
    This was lucky because it was around when my own tires fell off a cliff and I found myself fighting the car in nearly every corner. I remain convinced this would be easier to do from in the actual cockpit in real life than it is in a sim, certainly I've never struggled to understand grip so much in my own car on track - and it has WAYYYY less than the Masserati :D

I'm 90% certain the only thing keeping my laptimes from challenging the front of the grid are my brakes - it's just too easy to lock wheels in the Massa. But I'm still struggling like hell to find an improvement that also goes around corners (My only strong point on track)...

• Like Like x 1
  10. John Passmore

John Passmore Pro Driver Donator

cool race and nearly managed to get pole!
    Got a bad start still trying to get used to the start procedure and getting the timing right. spent the first half of the race behind Tim and sure I was a bit quicker at that point but just couldn't find a way past, then either my concentration went or the tires or both lol but I just could not keep up with Tim in the end I decided that 3rd place wasn't too bad.

• Like Like x 1