Project Cars 2 Round 4 Dubai GP

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

FKR GT3 R 3.jpg Rigestration

Round 4 Dubai

This round will introduce another one of pcars2 features :
    "The Random Weather slot "

This is the way it will look on race day, some clouds in the other 3 sessions but the third session will be the joker session !
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.30 - 23.18.48.87.jpg Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.30 - 23.18.57.26.jpg
    (jfyi @ 90 min, each weather slot (4) is around 22 1/2 min ) ​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

Unfortunately, my technical problem still persists. Frightenly frequently dropping two gears on one button press…The wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 edition with load cell pedalset) seems have some hardware error. The driver was reinstalled, firmware updated, I tried some other thing, but I did not have any positive results. I contacted the Fanatec's customer service.

Anyway, despite the difficulties I will be on the grid, I like this track and I hope I can finish it. (As I also hope the random weather will not rain in the middle of the desert ...)

3. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

In other mods, rF2 and AC for example, there is an option to put in a delay to stop this type of thing happening. I am new to PCars but I would think that this option exists. In AC it is found in Shifters and called "Gear Shift Debouncing". If you can not find it I am sure that the PCars experts at SRO would be able to help you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Just took a look.
    Try
    Controls/Configuration/Minimum Shift Time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Hey Rob, what’s the weather forecast for the other 3 slots for practice purposes?

6. Rob Milliken

I will follow up in Post one but it will be fair weather up to the mystery session …:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Oh boy, I hope we get snow in the desert ❄️ ⛄️

8. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

So sorry I won,t be able to attend this one, we are going out this week end. Bit sad as I love this kind of demanding circuits....

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Korosztos Gyorgy

I think, maybe should think about this random weather. In this game, it is likely to rain and that would be absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic on this track...

10. Rob Milliken

I totaly get where you’re coming from & could also go down that road but remember It’s a game & we are simply playing it while using some of the features we don’t have in other games .. I really don’t care if it never rains in dubai in the real world .. just think of it like global warming post apocalyptic climate change :D .. what ever happens it will happen to all of us .. & best adaptative drivers will survive and prevail !:) & they do get masive rain storms in Dubai
    2017> http://whatson.ae/dubai/2017/12/in-pics-rain-in-dubai/
    This s*#t is about to get real ! Lol :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Korosztos Gyorgy

I am convinced that rainy weather is unsuitable for racing. In my perception racing is about speed and accuracy under predictable and not extremely variable conditions not about getting over from one of the puddles to the other. I know this is a debatable perception, but I still feel that way.

Anyway, your championships, your decisions. If starts to rain during the race, I will get out right at the moment. (I know, my bad.) I'm never willing to participate in rainy race. I have no patience to such things (rain). In fact, I hate it.

I hope I did not scandalize anyone with my opinion. :rolleyes:

12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone,

I won't sign out but I've had a tough couple of days at work and worked three pallets of wine and drink delivery at the evening job last night so I'm a bit whacked after getting up for the daytime job this morning! haha.

Anyway, I'll drink some strong black coffee and give it my best shot, hopefully I won't fall asleep at the wheel! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Server is up !!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I can't find the server again. I'm looking for this server: SRO GT3 Endurance

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh well, gave it my best. Not good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.