rFactor 2 Round 4 Edmonton Indy - Sat Mar 5, 2022

Discussion in 'S397 NASCAR XFINITY ROAD SERIES Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 22, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

R4 NASCAR.jpg
    upload_2021-11-22_11-29-48.jpeg

All events have a rolling start / formationlap.
    Before the last corner we all double file in start grid order.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race has started for all.

Make sure you select the "Road Course" settings in Car Customization.

Showcasing the track

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2022-2-21_17-28-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

Uploaded Xfinity Setups

I think the small signup list is because people don't know how good this car is as a road car. All they have to do is test the car and once they do, they'll be running towards the signup list.

So ... to help you non-believers step over the threshold, I uploaded my Xfinity setups to "Car Setups" on top of the page.
    I would like the frontrunners of this series to also upload their setups, but that's up to them.

Potential participants: Download the setups and try out the car. To find the setups, type StockCar.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

To be truthful, when you first told me about this mod John, I had second thoughts for a long time as I thought it was ovals until I realized we would be racing on tracks that turn.. Then I thought, Nascar making turns, too wild for me. Until I tested the vehicle out then I realize, there's so much fun. I was reading the book by its cover which is a no no.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. John vd Geest

That's exactly what I think is going on here ... :)

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Added one setup. If it feels like turning too much for you, stiffen front arbs and just drive few laps.
    Follow tyre temperatures and even those by stiffening or softening front / rear.
    My rear tyres are usually more hot than fronts.
    Use at own risk.

:edit: I have same setup every track. Just adjusting gear and balancing tyre temperatures.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. John vd Geest

Drivers Briefing

1. As of this event, the race length is 47 minutes including the formation lap.

2. This event has a formation lap and rolling start.
    After the last corner we double file.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for everyone.

3. There is no mandatory pit stop.

4. This event will be completely dry.

5. The password will change on race day and can be found on the Edmonton Indy event page.

6. Rob Milliken has announced that he will broadcast this event and the rest of the series.

7. To find the server fast, first type
    sro.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Default server password had changed.

The default practice password on the server has changed for this and all coming events.
    Edmonton practice password

9. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Do your game crash when leaving the edmonton trac? mine does and i have to ctrl alt Del and shut off steam to get back

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Congrats to Toni. Very well played. Played us all lol.

Edit:. Sorry Toni about the bump at the beginning. I'm not sure what happened. There was just cars everywhere. I was trying to play it safe but I guess I wasn't playing it safe enough. :(

Good racing with John. You were racing awesome. Nope, could not get around you. Tried every trick in the book but nope, you wouldn't bite. Well done John. Other thoughts about other things came into mind and I missed my apex. Dang it, I missed everything LOL.

Grats to Pablo for a podium. Very well done.

Cheers,

Johnny

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Johnny Gutierrez

Rf2 tends to crash I believe for most of us in different areas from what I can see Paul. Crash, close Steam, reopen it, start rf2 is my schedule from time to time.

12. Toni Talvitie

Q was okish. maybe left 3-4 tenths but that would mean perfect for me and its never perfect with these cars
    R T1 i dont know what i did, had no clue where i hit brakes and whats going on and got hit by @Johnny Gutierrez just slightly. i felt its my fault since was so clueless so let few guys go and we were on P4 and P5 then i think? Anyhow @John vd Geest was hard to pass and as my teammate and didnt want to be too rude so took early pit. I had very heavy car so pit was not planned and didnt really suffer from tyrewear either. So quick in, quick out and then just hammer some great laps. Took 10seconds off from P1 and P2 in few laps and was really flying out there and knew i had this one.
    Thank you for the slowmotions @Rob Milliken .. was so hoping nobody sees that :D Had tilted wheel after that but nothing big.

• Like Like x 3
  13. John vd Geest

Yeah, that happened to me too. I don't think this track will be used that much though.

14. John vd Geest

Yeah, I knew you were a lot faster than me. But I thought "he's gonna have to earn it ..." And as long as I was earlier on the throttle and kept the inside closed under braking, there was nothing that an honest man could do LOL! Great track for defending.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

I thought at the time: If I follow you into the pits on the next lap, then Johnny who was behind me will hammer in some fast laps and when he pits later he will be ahead. Or I stay out and you will hammer in fast laps and undercut me. I was going to lose the lead either way LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Toni Talvitie

@John vd Geest i didnt mind you fighting him that odd 10-15minutes while i had mostly clear track :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

I accidentally posted the Edmonton results at Watkins Glen. They will be cleared out again. Please ignore that :)

• Funny Funny x 1