Round 4 Interlagos 1975

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The land on which the circuit is located was originally bought in 1926 by property developers who wanted to build accommodations.[1] Following difficulties partly due to the 1929 stock market crash, it was decided to build a racing circuit instead, construction started in 1938 and the track was inaugurated in May 1940.[1] The design was based on New York's Roosevelt Field Raceway (1937 layout).[2]

The traditional name of the circuit (literally, "between lakes") comes from its location on the neighborhood of Interlagos, a region between two large artificial lakes, Guarapiranga and Billings, which were built in the early 20th century to supply the city with water and electric power. It was renamed in 1985 from "Autódromo de Interlagos" to its current name to honor the Brazilian Formula One driver José Carlos Pace, who died in a plane crash in 1977.[3]

Formula One started racing there in 1972, the first year being a non-championship race, won by Argentinean Carlos Reutemann. The first World Championship Brazilian Grand Prix was held at Interlagos in 1973, the race won by defending Formula One World Champion and São Paulo local Emerson Fittipaldi. Fittipaldi won the race again the following year in bad weather and Brazilian driver José Carlos Pace won his only race at Interlagos in 1975.

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

The start / finish straight and the straight after turn 2 are pretty bumpy. The rest of the track is reasonably flat.

More modern sportscars don't feel the bumps so much, but the Group C are very stiff and you will have to grab you steeringwheel a little bit tighter going over them.
    I don't know if the creator of the track put the bumps in on purpose or accidental, but it really contributes to the immersion of that old, classic track.
    Going over the finish straight and the next one, you shake, rattle and roll inside your car.
    So, in short, Group C feel the bumps more, also because you go over them with 290+ km/h.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

If I can offer you guys a free tip, I'll tell you how I prepare for a race like this ...

I want to get used to the chaos of many cars around me and blocking my view as I'm very close behind them before a brakingzone.
    I also want to know where the "spaces" are for overtaking without crashing.
    I also want to know what it's like to drive behind someone very close the whole lap.

How can you learn this? Simple:
    Do a few short races against the AI and you will get used to racing conditions very quickly and be well prepared.
    (Just hang back on the first few corners on Interlagos, because the AI crashes in turn 3. After that it's good racing.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Interlagos 1975 Sign up trailer

• Like Like x 3
  5. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

I am electrified :p

...Interlagos seems not to be a Sauber track, no one it's a Sauber track anyway :D:D...

6. John vd Geest

Any track with very long straights is a Sauber track LOL. They pull away on the straight and block you in the corners. I could not overtake the leading Sauber like that at Riverside and I tried lap after lap with no end. But ... the Oisterreichring is a 100% Sauber track. Wouldn't be surprised if I get lapped there by a Sauber haha.

7. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

can't wait... :rolleyes:

8. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

going to skip this race, i cannot complete one lap in practice mode

9. John vd Geest

Karl, don't give up.
    If you spin al lot, you're overdriving the car. Drive it at a pace that you know to be save for you. Keep it on the track at that pace and you will overtake a lot of cars who make mistakes. Laptimes don't matter. The only reason I lap the field is not because I'm so fast, but because people behind me make mistakes.

Try my Porsche setup and with these tips you should get a good result;
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ovu77paueaubkn/Porsche_962C_short_2%2C31%2C320.ini/file
    Raise the wing level to max for more stability.

Remember ... slow into the corner and fast out :)

Look at the lines of this driver. If you do the same with a save pace and stick to that, you will have a good result in the end.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't make this guys, Urgent job has come in from Airbus.If there are any members who live near Montpellier France look out for an artic truck (52 tonnes) with CMC on the side of the curtain white and blue that will be me :)
    Have fun guys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

travel well Nigel
    wish i was there

12. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Have fun in the traffic jams Nigel.
    Or better, forget about work and go to the beach:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

So ashamed...and apologies.
    I was inside Larry, but my car then bounced stupidly of that inside kerb.
    Was so shocked of the incident that totally lost where im driving and crashed myself.

:facepalm:

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

wasnt going to make a pitstop but i blew my chances pretty much when spun and had to catch Larry and got stuck behind.

15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats John!. Man on a mission.

Congrats to podium and finishers.

Good racing all. Well done. That is until I hit the chain link fence destroyed my windshield lol. I tapped a Merc in the hiney. I apologize. I'm glad you kept your position. Those Mercs brake so early. They'll catch you off guard. As these races continue, I continue to also get worse. I have some kind of curse. Going to see if some other kind of hiney can fix it.

On to the next track.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Racing incident.
    Put me into the wire netting fence though which turned out to be harder than concrete. Ouch:eek:

Congratulations to John. Again!
    Not getting too bored John?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Well, I'm actually thinking ... are you guys not getting bored with me winning again? I would like it better if I had to fight hard for it untill the last lap.
    With all respect, but the reason I win so easy is because a lot of mistakes are being made behind me.

For those who have difficulty controling the car, tell me what problems you have and I might be able to help you.
    It might be a simple thing like a wrong wheel rotation setting or braking force in the menu.

Rob Milliken fixed his setting issue's just this race and is already doing much better. Maybe he can explain how he fixed it.

18. John vd Geest

These things happen sometimes and then you loose focus thinking about it. Been there, done that :)

19. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I enjoy your wins John. You put the work in, you deserve the wins. Not bored at all. Of course, I speak for myself.

As for myself, I've lost it. Not sure what's going on but something isn't there. On the flip side, I enjoy being out there on track with you guys, as long as I'm not destroying someone's race.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Screenshot_ks_mazda_787b_interlagos_1975_21-7-118-16-21-25a.jpg Congrats to the podium !! well done JVDG ! ( you will be at max weight soon lol :D)
    What a difference a few adjustments made for me !
    I was seriously struggling with this car & some of the other AC mods as well , This frustrated the crap out of me ..lol I love the Group C mod in rf2 & have good results with so I went on a mission to see if I could do something that made the AC car feel as good as the rf2 ones do .
    I suffered from a mushy under steer effect that had me tossing the car all over the place making corrections , Then I remembered what one of the aliens told me to do for AC (in general) to get a better feel for the cars with my G27 .. I Use 900* rotation in the g27 profiler for all my sim's .. & he suggested to keep 900 in the Logitech profiler but turn the "in game" steer lock down to like 540 or somewhere close to that .. BAM the car instantly came alive for me , the mushy under steer was gone , the car felt tighter & more solid , I can now feel the weight transfers & attack the apex's with some confidence !! I also turned the slider to reduce spikes up to 15-20 ,Kept the ffb gain at 100 & in-game /car setting ffb to 80 .. I love the car now ! I still get some spikes but if I try to tune them out I loose to much road feel in the wheel & then you get that numb feeling in the center down the straits so I'm leaving it with some small spikes ..
    I did my best race so far even after taking damage lap 1 from cold breaks loosing the rear when the cars in front went heavy on the breaks at the first hair pin at speed in sector 1 .. I had to slam the breaks to not hit the cars in front & lost the rear putting the car into the fence ..lol
    Had a lot of challenges trying to hit my marks w/o to many mishaps for the 60 min .. & found myself in 5th for a few laps until Larry finally caught up to me in his Porsche putting the pressure on ! I knew I could not hold him off for long & after 3 or so laps he made his move into T1 ! Very happy to have finished the race w/o any more offs & get a 6th place finish out of it :)
    Looking forward to the next one !!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1