Automobilista Round 4 Istanbul

Discussion in 'F3 Euroseries Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Pretty much run with hungaroring setup just lenghten up 6th by one click and softened little to try and make tyres last.

Q I think i would have needed another setup for this.

R Great race whole 45minutes with good start to take the lead. Pace pace was up there with the rest and Csaba kept company whole 45minutes.
    Mariusz was too fast but when he got by with beautifull maneuver, I did hang in there until got too wide on one of the corners. Managed to keep cap the same around 10secs rest of the race so happy with performance.

I had problems with the very slow corners at the end of the track when tyres started to wear out. My gas pedal is not calibrated in this game so it used just little of the motionrange available from the pedal so was really hard to keep rear in control there as the power snapped on. Couldn't really use it on braking either. Anyhow, still maximum.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I did more or less the same. I had too much drag on the straight, to some degree on purpose because I wanted to help the tyres in the fast right corners. That worked late in the race I think but then I had the genius idea to go into neutral with full throttle and in sixth gear.

Basically that was my race then, spun two times before which was already bad enough. Anyway I had at least a longer and a nice fight with @Edward Jones as always fair and clean, I overtook him from turn six into seven, likely my best action of my race.

Not my day, I think I´m now used to drive without force feedback but it is stil quite hard to get a feel for the limit just with visiual perception. But after that I hope it can only get better in Mugello, it seems that I´m not the only one who hopes that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ken Jagger

Istanbul is a track I've always enjoyed and don't remember any issues with it from previous races. For some unfathomable reason, from a fantastic race win in Round 1 at Brands Hatch, with a car that I could completely trust, the subsequent races have been much tougher with the rear tyres going off in what feels like a step-change rather than gradually, even when the indicator is that they have plenty of tread life left.
    I had the same problem at Hungaroring and had to stop for new tyres, so when I encountered the same problem here and made a stop, the pit indicator was not correctly aligned with my pit box (pit stall #1 I think) and I didn't receive any service from the crew. I had noticed this misalignment in practice but figured it wouldn't be a problem in the race o_O.

I must be missing something in setup terms as for the first 10-12 laps or so the car feels great, but then changes dramatically, with the rear end becoming so loose it's not funny anymore. Having said that my teammate Ed managed a very good race on essentially the same setup, until he got a disconx on the last lap :(, so maybe it's just my driving style.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

No results?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

I thought you were processing them Toni? :rolleyes:
    Because you didn't I've now done them :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1