Assetto Corsa Round 4 Jarez

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. Rob Milliken

Jerez GP only has 14 car slots so please make sure you un-register if you can't make it !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I'll do some laps later tonight to see all is well.

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Something appears to be wrong with the version of the track on the server.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  5. Rob Milliken

I only have 1 Jarez and its in the SRO downloads .. this track is whats on the server ..
    I got the track links from you so this is what you sent me :D

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Fairly impossible that I send you Jerez94 because I only downloaded it this afternoon when I saw that was the version on the server ;)

7. Rob Milliken

lol well IDK where i got it ..i use the list of tracks you sent me lol ..
    Anyway this track is broken and we are out of time ..
    I suggests a default kunos track as an emergency replacement this way= no downloads or server updates as we have no time ..
    Laguna Seca is my vote !

8. Rob Milliken

OK emergency Track change ! with no reply's in time for a vote I simply replaced Jerez with Laguna Seca its a free kunos track from the last update so all should have it .. Very sorry about the confusion and this bug caught us off guard ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I vote to use the track that was planned. There is another solution that might be better for all. Have a mandatory pitstop for this one. That way the Jerez94 track can be used. I'm guessing everyone has been practising it. Laguna Seca will be a shambles with the corcksrew if people haven't practised it.

10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

well i been practicing Jerez aswel, i love the track, my vote would be to keep the track.

11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I'm sorry, but I have no more time for practise. If tomorrows race is at Laguna Seca I'm out.

12. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

what are the actual problems with the track?

just 14 slots?

13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

The issue is that when you do a pitstop in a race the lap you're on won't be counted. So if someone could manage the race without a pitstop he would have 1 lap more than someone who did a pitstop.
    Best solution is to make a pitstop mandatory. That way everyone has to do a pitstop. Problem solved.
    Pitstop window between 1st and 21th lap.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

aahh i see.
    from all my tests, id need to pit anyway. so wouldnt have noticed it.

id prefer Jerez, but i dont mind either.
    Jerez is especially nice as its not a common track, i enjoyed it in my GTR2 days, that and Ricardo Tormo/ Valencia

15. Rob Milliken

Well i had to make the call before i left for work i can set it back to the original track in about 10 hrs when i get home .. .. Also a few more signed up and we have 17 now with 14 slots , im sure there will be no shows i only hope thats not the only thing wrong with this track .. i know it has no AI files lol

16. Rob Milliken

This is my fault guys sorry i must have missed it . Firstly i would never have aproved it if i knew it only had 14 slots :confused: This one slipped threw the cracks .. sorry ..

17. Rob Milliken

Ok we stick with Jarez :p practice off line untill i can get the track loaded up again & then in the race we do a mandatory pit stop — Roy, In AC i can set at what time the pits open & close by time so tell me wher you want it in time not laps & i will set it up ! Example would be they open at the 10 min mark & close at the 30 min mark !

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Thanks Rob. This is the best solution.
    I think its best to set open pitlane between 1 minute and 39. This way anyone can pit whenever they need or want to. After the race to check if everyone has done their pitstop is easy. Everyone will have 1 lap of 4 minutes. That's the combined time of 2 laps plus the pitstop.

19. Rob Milliken

Ok ,i did see that I can use laps to ! but I went with min 1 to open min 39 they close .. setting this is the trigger to force the mandatory pit as well & shows up in the results..

& My only concern with the solution is if someone needs to pit for damage :confused: .. For this I have turned the damage down from 50 to 25 % for this race only ..

20. Rob Milliken

• Winner Winner x 1